We are currently seeking a Lead Software Developer
join Kirtland Federal Credit Union.
Lead Software Developer Overview:
This position will analyze user requirements, procedures, and problems to automate processing or to improve existing computer systems.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities:
- Responsible for developing, enhancing, and sustaining computer systems within the Credit Union.
- Examines internal customer requirements documents, meets with the business lines to obtain clarification, and builds a project estimation and plan to meet the business requirements.
- Designs and writes program specifications and converts specifications into computer code.
- Conducts design and coding walk-through and documents the results.
- Develops and executes unit and system test plans aligned with business requirements to validate enhanced capabilities/functionality.
- Examines process requirements and designs the workflow automation within capabilities of existing tools.
- Reviews, tests and installs new core system releases.
- Provides technical assistance for advanced levels of problems by responding to inquiries regarding errors, problems, or questions with software.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Finance, Computer Science or related field.
- 10 years' experience in a Financial Institution.
- 10 years' experience in managing and maintaining banking and/or credit union core systems and related business applications.
- 10 years' experience managing and supporting banking applications.
- Strong knowledge of service and application delivery, as well as successful service level agreement.
- Demonstrated success participating in cross function line of business project teams.
- Strong experience with managing and maintaining banking and/or credit union core systems and related business applications.
- Experience in interpreting the applicability of local and federal laws/regulations to company operations.
- Experience with operating systems including midrange platforms (AIX, OS400) and Windows systems.
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills.
- Strong decision making ability.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tests in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.