We’re looking for a junior frontend developer with the ability to take take a C++ application and cloud based web application and create attractive, functional frontends for the web, pc, mac, smartphone, and tablet.
You’ll be working with an accomplished C++ programmer from the video surveillance industry and a full stack developer to create a frontend for an existing software solution that was built for this project. You’ll also be able to help in the development and testing of new products and applications and improvements to our retail website.
- Delivers high quality (clean/concise/stable) code
- 2+ years HTML/CSS experience (HTML5, CSS3)
- An interest in machine learning, OpenCV video analytics, security, and/or IOT
Preferred experience (stuff that the project requires but doesn’t necessarily have to be you):
- UI / UX / Design skills
- Knowledge of SEO and ADA fundamentals
- Knowledge about deployment of Android and iOS applications
- Familiarity with Google Analytics and Google Optimize to enhance the company’s current practices, including A/B testing
Bonus experience (stuff that would get you and running faster, but isn’t necessary before you start):
- Experience in Agile methodologies, preferably Scrum
- Experience utilizing Jira, Github, Confluence, Slack and Pivotal Tracker
Optional experience (stuff we use on different projects):
- Previous experience with Magento REST API or Module development
- Experience with PHP
- Print Media and Graphics
Ideal applicant is self motivated and highly skilled, but above all, a team player. National applicants will be considered, however, we have a very strong preference for working closely with our technical support team in person in Asheville, NC. We have a daily scrum over video chat.
Junior Front End Developer
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation and Benefits: 50K-65K / Year, depending on experience + Yearly bonus of $1500-$3000. We offer a robust benefits package including Health Insurance, Dental, Vision, 401K, paid time off, sick leave, and more.
We are a small, fast growing company that specializes in high definition surveillance equipment. We are committed to delivering high quality products and a superior experience to our customers from all over the world. Our working environment is team centered and collaborative. Our team is tight knit and commonly hangs out outside of the workplace. We're a values-driven company: https://www.security-camera-warehouse.com/values
Please email a current resume and thoughtful cover letter outlining any relevant experience and why you would like to join our company, to this ad.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $65,000.00 /year
Required work authorization: