With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic.
- Position Summary:
- Responsible for functioning as an individual contributor and subject matter expert for Maintenance and Reliability. Provide engineering expertise for the planning, maintenance, reliability, sustainability, and optimization of systems and equipment. Demonstrate engineering expertise during project phases to ensure smooth transition of asset management into operations.
- The individual in this role will work closely with corporate Director of Asset Management and site personnel to implement and institutionalize maintenance and reliability related to capital project assets.
- Responsibilities: Essential Duties
- Promote strategies for efficiency improvements, lead/support implementation of organization process improvement initiatives and evaluate results.
- Gather, structure, populate, and upload asset records into maintenance systems during the capital project phase.
- Structure equipment related data for input into mass load templates for upload into SAP PM
- Create functional location hierarchy based on site prints and company configuration
- Develop equipment hierarchy of parent/child based on engineering drawings
- Gather equipment master data from multiple sources such as engineering drawings, manufacturer documentation, as well as physical equipment once on site.
- Develop maintenance task lists and create PM strategy
- Populate additional equipment details through front end of SAP PM
- Develop BOMs and recommended spare parts lists for inventory related to equipment
- Gather and populate equipment and inventory classifications
- Develop cause codes based on equipment FMEAs already performed
- Develop equipment maintenance strategy
- Develop maintenance task lists based on RCM methodology utilizing SAE JA1011 standard.
- Ensure all FMEA failure modes are addressed in maintenance strategy
- Create meter/cycle based PM strategy wherever possible
- Incorporate calibration strategy
- Work with site quality and metrology departments to develop a robust calibration strateg
- Identify functions, parameters, and standards needed to properly calibrate all instruments
- Develop and own Reliability Excellence program for the Daytona Beach site
- Partner with Director of Asset Management to develop and maintain predictive models for asset management
- Manage Reliability Excellence program to institutionalize and promote preventive maintenance and calibration model maturit
- Assist with training and auditing as appropriate.
- Supervise and direct contract personnel in the performance of contracted services.
- Provide leadership and collaborate with peers within the Engineering organization.
- High degree of both internal and external personnel interfaces.
- Must have strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to produce results with minimal supervision.
- Must be a team player, detail oriented and be able to function effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Other responsibilities as necessary.
- Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Strong aptitude for design, planning, testing, troubleshooting, operations and control of manufacturing equipment and processes
- Ability to perform at a high level in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
- Ability to work proactively with minimum supervision and consistently demonstrate professionalism and a positive attitude.
- Understanding of engineering practices for capital engineering projects as related to design reliability, life cycle costing acceptance testing, verification and project closeout documentation.
- Strong organization & time management skills.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public. Strong communication skills, both verbal and written, commensurable with dealing with senior level management.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Work independently and as a team member.
- Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Science with 8-10 years of related experience in and/or training in a comparable functional position.
- Expert knowledge of various maintenance methodologies such as PM,PMO, PdM, RCM; processes such as Planning & Scheduling, Work Management, MRO Inventory Management, metrology.
- Demonstrated expertise in maintenance and calibration practices in Pharmaceutical and Medical Devices industry for compliance with various Quality and EH&S related regulations
- Experience with various types of manufacturing processes core to the business of B.Braun.
- Related experience and training in a Life Sciences engineering environment.
- Domestic travel may be required.
- Experience with SAP-PM
- Certification in Reliability Engineering (e.g. CMRP).
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
- Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
- Through its “Sharing Expertise®” initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services.
What we offer
Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Your next step