Job Description/Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Research Scientist or Engineer to design and perform nonlinear optical experiments on novel materials. The project involves the photo-physical study of both organic and inorganic material interactions with high-intensity lasers.
Preference will be given to candidates having good experience in nonlinear optics, laser spectroscopy, and instrumentation.
Skills & Education Requirement:
- Bachelor’s degree, minimum, in STEM, advanced degree preferred, in Physics, Electrical or Optical Engineering, or related field.
- 5 Years’ experience in field, 10 years desired
- Use and day-to-day maintenance of Class IV lasers
- Design and implementation of nonlinear optical experiments including Z-scan, pump-probe, transient absorption spectroscopy, and nonlinear transmission.
- Fitting of data, modeling and simulation using commercial software packages such as Matlab, Mathematica, or similar.
- Interfacing with laboratory equipment, such as motion controllers, detectors, CCD cameras, and spectrometers using LabVIEW.
- MS Suite of office applications
- Good attention to detail and documentation
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, self-starter, punctual and good attendance record with the desire to develop professionally
- Must have or be able to obtain a secret clearance
- US Citizenship required
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $85,000.00 - $115,000.00 per year
- Physics, Electrical or Optical Engineering: 5 years (Required)
- US Citizenship (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Relocation assistance
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- Outcome-oriented -- results-focused with strong performance culture
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative