VERITAS Document Solutions in Buffalo Grove, IL has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
Under supervision, the duties may include: maintaining or posting records in hard copy or automated systems; screening, reviewing, verifying, and coding accounting transaction documents; verifying and examining accounting records; correcting errors in posting entries, computations, and balances; reconciling balances, records, and documents, preparing summaries, statements, and reports. Employees at this level perform repetitive tasks and apply knowledge of basic bookkeeping procedures and methods and the ability to operate a variety of office equipment.
Work assignments are typically routine and non-complex in nature and follow established policies and procedures. Receive some instruction in completing routine assignments and may receive more detailed instructions for new or more complex assignments. Routine work may be reviewed through spot checking or occasionally as an end product; new or more complex assignments are reviewed as each task is completed. Ability to determine how work is completed within parameters of following established processes and procedures.
Review vouchers, requisitions, purchase orders, and other routine transaction documents for completeness and accuracy. This examination requires a variety of approaches due to the numerous accounts or forms.
Make corrections on transaction documents as needed. Adjustments to previous entries may be required.
Codes documents by referring to lists, manuals, or other reference sources
Prepare statements and reports that are factual in nature and that require computations such as totals, sub-totals, or balances
Prepares collection reports and/or bank deposits
Post financial information to journals, registers, and ledgers, manually or by electronic equipment
Reconcile accounts by tracing transactions, comparing original documents, and searching in supporting files and subsidiary accounts; prepares correction documents as required
Enter, store, and retrieve information in established manual or automated record storage systems.
May operate check writing equipment; verifying checks to information on voucher and/or other sources.
Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1) HS diploma or equivalent with 1-2 years of relevant administrative/operational support in manufacturing operations or office environment directly related to the duties of the job, OR demonstrated ability to meet the job requirements through a comparable number of years of work experience.
2) Requires good knowledge of general/standard administrative/manufacturing operations procedures and methods to successfully complete the duties of the job.
3) Must have general knowledge of technology to include computers and software programs such as MS Office or MAC word processing, spreadsheets or other programs related to the print manufacturing process or administrative support. Must be familiar with applicable skills and procedures required to perform the duties listed in the job.
4) Must have good oral and written communication skills sufficient to provide routine information, answer inquiries and/or refer calls.
5) Requires good organizational skills, attention to detail and ability to solve problems related to duties of the job.
6) Must have ability to Apply basic bookkeeping methods and procedures
7) Apply office methods and procedures
8) Make rapid and accurate arithmetic calculations
RRD is an EEO/AA including Vets and Disabled Employer