As a Coordinator you will participate and coordinate recruiting, training and retraining of volunteers to augment the services of the Hospital. Assist in evaluating new volunteer services and programs.
- Participates in planning, organizing and implementing the recruitment of volunteers from the Community, i.e. schools, outreach organizations, community centers, places-of-worship, living communities and other volunteer sources.
- Participates in conducting Volunteer Orientation and in-service Annual Mandatory Topics.
- Assists in evaluating new volunteer services and programs that reflect creativity, innovation and measurable/viable results.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required. Some college, preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years general office experience, required. Experience with Volunteer Programs, Outreach Organizations, Recruitment and Public Relations, preferred.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills, required.
- Knowledge of MS-Office applications, required.
Transforming care, optimizing patient satisfaction and creating better patient outcomes are just some of the things our talented team members are doing at North Shore-LIJ each and every day. As a culture committed to providing our customers with the highest quality service, we stand behind our core values: Patients first; Caring; Excellence; Innovation; Integrity and Teamwork. It is our commitment and our culture that sets us apart from others and is the cornerstone of everything we do. Join an organization whose team members are valued, cared for and offered continuous opportunities to grow. Click on the link to learn more about us: www.northshorelij.com/goals
North Shore-LIJ is a smoke-free environment. Smoking and the use of tobacco products is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises. Free smoking cessation programs and quit medications are offered to team members who wish to quit through the North Shore-LIJ Center for Tobacco Control.