West Creek 1 (12071), United States of America, Richmond, Virginia
At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
We are currently looking for a Contract Manager in our Richmond, VA location to draft and negotiate complex contracts with our third party suppliers. The Contract Manager will be responsible for developing the contract, creating deal strategies and leading negotiations (contract terms and conditions, scopes of work, pricing, etc.). As the central point of contact for a transaction, the Contract Manager is responsible for effectively engaging all the internal stakeholders and customers relevant to each contract.
You should have:
- Ability to work independently under high pressure situations
- Sound legal and business judgment
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making skills
- Excellent interpersonal and oral / written communication skills
- Ability to synthesize complex sets of issues and propose paths forward
- Ability to deal confidently with internal and external customers at all organizational levels
- Ability to think strategically and critically, and to analyze details for achieving program objectives
- Ability to understand and explain risk in various scenarios
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task on a large number of complex issues
- Juris Doctorate Degree
- At least 2 years of experience drafting and negotiating contracts
- 3 years of experience with litigation, or negotiations, or contracts
- 3 years of experience in Financial Services
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.