Reserve Transort is a leading national provider of Information Technology Asset Management services and a RD RIOS certified recycler. The Company provides industry leading support to the world’s largest corporations and electronics retailers. Due to our growing business, we are searching for an experienced CDL A Truck Driver/ Warehouse worker to join our current team in the Austell/Atlanta area.
At Reserve, you will be part of our committed staff. You will thrive on being part of an industry-leading company and enjoy working in an energetic, fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will possess a great deal of physical and mental stamina who thrives working beyond sitting in a cab, values time at home, and can consistently ensure safe and accurate pick-ups and deliveries. Must be detail-oriented, efficient, and have a clean driving record. Will haul dump trailers, roll-offs, and occasional dry van freight.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Fully understand how to operate and safely drive your assigned vehicle
- Drive trucks with a Gross Vehicle Weight (GVW) over 26,000 lbs.
- Pull a towed weight exceeding 10,000 lbs.
- Ensure trailer is properly and securely attached to tractor unit
- Transport goods from place of origin to assigned destination
- Operate in an ordered, logical manner
- Ensure contents are properly secured to mitigate against breakage or damage
- Tarp and cover each open top load
- Safely and efficiently unload goods at selected destinations
- Obtain signatures or warehouse scans to confirm and complete deliveries with clients
- Stay on predetermined route and ensure timely deliveries
- Communicate with dispatch as needed
- Confirm contents and weight of each shipment matches dispatch instructions
- Perform inspections of your vehicle prior to and following each trip
- Always ensure your vehicle is kept clean
- Maintain and service vehicle within reason
- Notify managers of any major maintenance or delivery issues encountered
- Follow delivery schedule and rest at appropriate times
- Use of electronic logging devices
- Adhere to company rules and regulations
- Obey all applicable traffic laws and drive according to the weather/road conditions
- Comply with ICC and DOT regulations
- Make safety a priority at all times
Job Requirements and Qualifications
- Valid Class A driver’s license required
- 2+ years proven experience with tractor-trailer driving preferred
- Special consideration to dump driving experience
- Clean driving record with no recent moving violations
- Must pass background check and drug test
- Skilled at driving large vehicles
- Comfortable maneuvering and parking a tractor-trailer
- Alert, focused, and detail-oriented
- Physically and mentally fit
- Ability to lift up to 75 lbs. at a time
- Ability to physically tarp loads as needed
- Able to operate electric lift, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
- Proficient using GPS and other routing systems
- Disciplined, dependable, and resourceful
- High level of composure and good stress management
Benefits and Compensation
- Home most nights and weekends. Less than 20% over the road.
- Competitive salary commensurate with work performed
Qualified candidates should email their resume with salary history/requirements by responding to this posting.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer
Salary Job Type EmployeeJob Status Full Time
Job Type: Full-time
- Driving: 1 year (Preferred)