Environmental Incentives (EI) is seeking to hire a Finance & Operations Associate to join our Company Health team, working either at our office in South Lake Tahoe, California, Denver, CO or Washington, DC.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Support company financial management and reporting
- Develop, monitor and manageprogram budgets
- Assist with company operations and management tasks as needed
- Support EI’s day-to-day financial operations, ensuring timely and accurate outputs. Make adjustments as necessary to accommodate changing priorities, meet deadlines, and effectively organize tasks.
- Compile and maintain data needed to effectively monitor and report the status of various financial needs, including project budget status (budget vs. actual), cash flow management, profits and losses of the company and its practice areas, and staffing analyses.
- Prepare quarterly and annual financial reports for USAID and other clients.
- Build financial models and budget management tools to carry out financial analyses and forecasts that support management decisions.
- Be the primary point of contact for EI’s accounting firm, ensuring timely and accurate financial management and reporting.
- Analyze existing financial systems and make recommendations for improvements.
- Develop guidance documents for financial processes and train staff on their use.
- Assist with budget development for annual project work plans, proposals and company strategic plans.
- Support preparations for government audits.
- Maintain risk management controls and perform internal control audits to ensure compliance with applicable US government regulations such as the Defense Contractor Audit Agency guidance, Federal Acquisition Regulation, United States Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulation, General Services Administration schedule requirements, and other applicable tax codes and regulations.
- Act as a liaison between EIs Company Health team, program staff, and external partners and clients as needed.
- Develop data visualizations and dashboards to communicate complex financial and other data.
- Develop deliverable tracking and program monitoring tools.
- Bachelor's Degree in business, accounting, finance or another relevant field.
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience (without a Masters degree) or 3 years’ relevant work experience (with a Masters degree).
- Outstanding ability to use MS Excel for financial and data management needs.
- Highly organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong work ethic and commitment to timely delivery of high-quality products and services.
- Ability to constructively receive and give critical feedback.
To apply, please submit a resume and cover letter.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $56,500.00 to $74,000.00 /year
- Finance, Business, or Accounting: 3 years (Required)