Dandelion is a fast growing startup out of Google X, Alphabet’s research lab. Our mission is to make geothermal energy the easiest, most affordable way heat and cool the home. The team brings together leadership experience from X, SolarCity, Tesla, and Sungevity to disrupt an industry that has seen very little innovation over the past 100 years. You’ll be joining an early stage company with fewer than 20 people on the team with the opportunity to influence the future of heating from the ground up.
Description of Role
The Licensed Electrician will play a critical role in the production and quality of Dandelion’s installation operations team. He/she is responsible for all aspects of the installation, maintenance, inspection, operation and repair of the geothermal heat pump systems installed by our residential operation.
The Licensed Electrician will be expected to contribute collaboratively as part of a small team. The position will report to the Regional Operations Manager.
- Install electrical systems on new geothermal residential installations
- Adhere to current local electrical rules and regulations so that system installations pass inspection the first time
- Work in a safe manner on a daily basis and ensure that all safety measures are taken at all times
- Work in a team-based environment to share information and workload while ensuring customer satisfaction
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Hands on residential HVAC experience (5 years), preferably installing new systems
- In-depth knowledge of installation, maintenance and repairs of electrical systems
- Excellent communicator with exemplary customer service skills
- Understanding of the current regulations within the field
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team
- Current electrical license
- Read blueprints and technical diagrams
- Install and maintain wiring and control systems
- Inspect electrical components, such as transformers and circuit breakers
- Identify electrical problems with a variety of testing devices
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, or fixtures using hand tools and power tools
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring or equipment
- Associate degree preferred but not required
- Familiarity with geothermal closed loop systems
- Understanding of heating/cooling load calculations, duct sizing and installation, and HVAC equipment sizing
- Technical aptitude to perform maintenance, service, and troubleshoot HVAC equipment
- Periodically ‘on call’ for service coverage
- Experience in rapid pace work environment with competing priorities
- Sense of humor a major plus
Compensation commensurate with experience. The compensation package includes health, dental, and vision benefits as well as stock options. This is a great opportunity to make a big impact at an early stage company in an exciting corner of the energy industry.
Job Type: Full-time
- valid driver's license (Required)