Join the Guest Service Team at the brand new Courtyard/Residence Inn Washington Downtown/Convention Center!
You’ve always been one of those people who delight in helping or serving others. You can’t explain it, but the satisfaction in knowing you are making a difference drives you to be a better person. Maybe it was how you were raised, maybe you are paying it forward, or maybe you simply believe it’s you calling?
After sleepless nights of searching and figuring out how to combine this gift with a rewarding career, we have the answer. Consider joining the brand new Courtyard/Residence Inn Washington, DC Downtown/Convention Center on the front lines of Guest Service! Combined with a fast paced/ exciting atmosphere, this opportunity brings growth and opportunity immediately.
Your official title is Front Desk Associate, but you are so much more. The Front Desk Associate is the official culture setter for guests to experience both a great stay and a “home away from home”. Through your growth over the months, there is endless opportunity for growth into supervisory/Management positions in the DC area.
It would be nearly impossible to describe all the things you would encounter each day, but we’ll take a whack at it below:
- Be the first and last smiling face the guest sees by checking in guests that arrive and checking them out upon departure
- Perform all check-in and check-out tasks including guest that needed to be walked due to oversell
- Answer department telephone within 3 rings, using correct greeting and telephone etiquette
- Manage reservations in the system, online as well as phone reservations
- Inform customers about payment methods and verify their credit card data
- Register guests collecting necessary information (like contact details and exact dates of their stay)
- Welcome guests upon their arrival and assign rooms
- Provide information about our hotel, available rooms, rates and amenities
- Respond to clients’ complaints in a timely and professional manner
- Liaise with our housekeeping staff to ensure all rooms are clean, tidy and fully-furnished to accommodate guests’ needs. Resolve discrepancies on the room status report with the housekeeping department
- Confirm group reservations and arrange personalized services for VIP customers as well as special event attendees
- Upsell additional facilities and services, when appropriate
- Resolve guest complaints timely always thinking and acting on step ahead to anticipate needs
- Maintain complete knowledge at all times of: a) all hotel features/services, hours of operation. b) all room rates, special packages and promotions. c) daily house count and expected arrivals/departures. d) scheduled daily group activities
- Act as the liaison between bell staff and valet to assist guest with overnight parking or to escort guest and transport their luggage to the room.
- Handle wake-up call requests
- Monitor, send and distribute guest faxes
- Communicate pertinent guest information to designated departments/personnel (i.e., special requests, amenity delivery)
- Process adjustment vouchers, paid-outs, correction vouchers, miscellaneous charges.
We all come from different walks of life, but here’s what we want you to bring to the table:
- High School Graduate or General Education Degree (GED).
- One year previous experience in a similar position in a hotel preferred, but not required. We certainly are willing to consider other experiences. You cannot teach or learn attitude and that is what we are after!
- Basic computer skills – we don’t need you developing the next cutting edge computer programs, but you should have the ability to send emails, work in basic programs, and have the ability to type with a reasonable amount of confidence
Is this you? Consider joining the Courtyard/Residence Inn Washington, DC Downtown/Convention Center today!
Job Type: Full-time
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Morning (Preferred)
- Mid-Day (Preferred)
- Evening (Preferred)