Nurse Manager - Medical/Surgical Unit(Job Number:
United States-Texas-San Antonio-Metropolitan Methodist Hospital
Directors & Managers
The Nurse Manager is responsible to the Director, Vice President and/or the Chief Nursing Officer for facilitating, coordinating and delegating the delivery of patient care to a defined group of patients during their entire hospitalization period. S/he is responsible 24 hours a day for the staffing and management of patient care in each of his/her units, for promoting the practice of professional nursing in a specified patient care area, and for the acquisition, development, and utilization of resources (human and material) needed to fulfill those responsibilities. S/he works cooperatively with administrators, physicians, staff, other managers and all customers of the Methodist Healthcare System to provide services, which consistently meet and exceed the expectations of their customers. This is accomplished by assessing and prioritizing opportunities to improve, plan and implement effective changes and evaluate outcomes of process improvement activities. The Nurse Manager models behavior consistent with the MHS management philosophy actively supports the Mission and Vision of the MHS and effectively maintains the hospital’s Standards of Care and Practice.
Minimum Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing preferred, Master’s degree highly preferred.
Minimum License Required:
- At least 3 years clinical acute care nursing experience.
- 1-year management experience as full time or relief charge nurse, clinical care manager, or Nursing Administrative Supervisor desirable.
- Demonstrated leadership skills.
- Evidence of continued professional development.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office is preferable.
Current license to practice professional nursing in the state of Texas.