LITE) is a global leader in innovative optical and photonic products enabling optical networking and commercial laser customers worldwide. Lumentum’s commercial lasers enable advanced manufacturing techniques and diverse applications including next-generation 3D sensing capabilities.
Senior Electrical Engineer will report to the Commercial Lasers research and development organization and will contribute to research activities in the Commercial Lasers Group. Activities include operations support, hardware design activities within the EE/SW group, spec development, testing and test plan development, product documentation.
This position requires expertise in analog design and familiarity with digital circuits. Experience with programmable logic (VHDL or Verilog) and high-speed interfaces is a plus. Familiarity with laser or optical system design is desired. Product designs will include embedded microprocessors, interface and analog circuits, small signal RF design, programmable logic, high current drivers, temperature control servos and more. Both PCB level and chassis level design is involved. Familiarity with SPC and/or JMP is a plus.
Understanding of the function of document control systems, BOMs, RoHS, EMC, and general computer skills are required. Extensive familiarity with electronics manufacturing and component manufacturers is expected. Flexibility and the ability to interactively work with other disciplines (software, mechanical, and optical engineering) is required. Up to 10% travel possible, domestic and/or international.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analog design of high power linear circuits.
- Design of switching regulators.
- Complete specified new design tasks on schedule and in an organized manner.
- Specify components used in new designs
- PCB and chassis level electrical design
- Prototype debugging
- Alpha & beta build supervision
- Project planning & tracking
- Qualification test creation and execution
- Design documentation
- Departmental infrastructure support
- BSEE or MSEE degree
- 5+ years industry experience
- Understanding of both digital and analog circuits required
- Excellent teamwork and documentation skills required
- Knowledge of industry best practices
- Experience with programmable logic
- Experience in analog circuit troubleshooting and Root cause analysis.
- Broad technical skills/interests desired
The Commercial Lasers Business Unit offers OEM customers the widest variety of laser modules, engines, and components for macro-materials processing, micromachining, biotechnology, analytics instrumentation, and more. The Commercial Laser Business Unit is profitable and growing, it’s highly regarded technical engineering team is based primarily in San Jose, CA and Zurich with manufacturing in Thailand. The company is well-positioned for continued success in the rapidly growing markets it serves.
Lumentum is headquartered in Milpitas, California with R&D, manufacturing, and sales offices worldwide. For more information, visit www.lumentum.com.
Lumentum welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
San Jose-Auto, CA USA 1750 Automation Parkway San Jose 95131
Yes, 5 % of the Time
Sep 18, 2018, 6:01:20 PM