The Clerk III is responsible for the timely and accurate payment of carrier and other program generated invoices, ensuring that provisions of the respective contracts are properly reflected in payment to the carriers.
The Clerk III reports to the Contract Compliance Auditor.
1. Receive, review and process department invoices. Audit billings for accuracy and adherence to contract requirements, including updating Excel formulas as needed to match all contract components.
2. Review Agency and Facility reports for funded fare trips provided by the contractors. Resolve any discrepancies and invoice agencies/facilities for funded fares that have been paid in advance to contractors.
3. Maintain funded fare status of client base in computer system to ensure proper charges to client and proper billing from contractors. Communicate any change in funded fare status to contractors.
4. Process fare tickets and determine reimbursement to contractors as directed.
5. Facilitate and update Title 19 information in client files. Invoice Nursing and Long-Term Care Facilities for non-emergency medical transportation provided.
6. Review billing data and impose any relevant sanctions as required by contract, with approval from Contract Manager.
7. Run monthly department reports, update all departmental files and documents including NTD and ADA report files; and conduct analyses on reports and other data.
8. Collect, enter data and maintain drug testing database and reporting files.
9. Maintain records of payments, deposits and billings.
10. Maintain assessment appointment schedule and perform all data entry for assessment results using various software applications.
11. Perform other duties as assigned.
1. One (1) year of recent work experience with general ledger functions including invoicing payables and receivables; or five (5) years general accounting experience.
2. Nine (9) college credits in Accounting with demonstrated excellent mathematical aptitude and ability to operate a 10-key calculator. Passing the following tests will be accepted in lieu of Nine (9) college credits in Accounting: Basic and Intermediate Excel, Attention to Detail and Math Aptitude.
3. Ability to analyze contract provisions to ensure proper billing and payment to contractors.
4. Excellent aptitude and experience with the latest versions of Excel, Word and Outlook and the ability to use other menu-driven computer applications.
5. Excellent aptitude for organization and detail work, capable of performing duties with minimal supervision.
6. Excellent communication skills with the ability to work well with others.
7. Good data entry skills.
8. Maintain regular and acceptable attendance as determined by MTS.
1. Good finger and manual dexterity.
2. Must be able to manipulate objects with hands.
3. Ability to provide both oral and written communications requiring good verbal expression, satisfactory hearing and eyesight clarity sufficient to read and work with Excel Workbooks
4. Ability to sit or stand for long periods of time
Selection will be made on the basis of seniority, testing, qualifications and review of overall work record. This position will be awarded according to the current Labor Agreement.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. For more detailed job position information, please refer to the job description, which is available upon request from the Human Resources Department. Milwaukee County Transit System is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age; protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability or any other characteristic protected by law.