Experimental Graphic Designer - (154348)
At HDR, we specialize in engineering, architecture, environmental and construction services. While we are most well-known for adding beauty and structure to communities through high-performance buildings and smart infrastructure, we provide much more than that. We create an unshakable foundation for progress because our multidisciplinary teams also include scientists, economists, builders, analysts and artists. That's why we believe diversity is our greatest strength. HDR is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer.
Watch our 'About Us' video
Who we are:
Through design we deliver extraordinarily engaging environments that deliver user experience at the forefront. We realize and surpass our client aspirations while providing an unparalleled return on investment. At HDR, we bring a diverse, integrated, and collaborative approach to our processes; our unique, creative and holistic viewpoint drives innovative place-making.
Good design is powerful. We strive to do things better and stretch ourselves further. From our internal processes to the work we deliver, from the projects we design to the careers we foster, we believe wholeheartedly in our work, our people, and achieving our clients’ vision.
If you are skilled with the tools of experiential graphic design such as process research; fabrication techniques and materials; you think three-dimensionally; understand scale in the built environment and how people need to engage with the environment to create memorable experiences, we want to hear from you.
In the role of Experiential Graphic Designer, we'll count on you to:
- Understanding of, or interest, in how users navigate the built environment
- Assist other designers with projects and on programs
- Work includes materials and processes research, concept design, design iteration, 3D visualization, typography, photographic collage, graphic design
- Preparation of drawing package for work from concept through Construction Intent
- Prepare work for output and meet with vendors to discuss and estimate projects
- Ensure quality control through approval of proofs and review of materials
- Perform other duties as needed
Wayfinding, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Architecture
- 5+ years’ experience in an agency, design consultancy, experiential graphic design, architecture/interiors or related field.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline is a plus
- Candidate will be expected to provide and review work samples which speak to your experience and impact.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Totally client - and team-oriented, knows how to balance demands for time and resources
- Strong leadership, organization, communication and relationship management skills
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Comfortable in internal and external client facing situations
- Knowledge in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign) and Microsoft Office (PowerPoint and Outlook)
- Ability to design in a wide variety of styles; eye for design details, such as typography, alignment, hierarchy, etc
- Strong portfolio showing design experience
- An understanding of branding/brand development, communications and research
- An attitude and commitment to being an active participant of our employee-owned culture is a must
- Additional items considered a plus:
o Working knowledge of CAD and Revit/BIM360
o Working knowledge of 3D software, for example:
o Ability to read architectural construction documents and shop drawings
At HDR, we know work isn't only about who you work for; it's also about what you do and how you do it. Led by the strength of our values and a culture shaped by employee ownership, we network with each other, build on each other's contributions, and collaborate together to make great things possible. When you join HDR, we give you license to do the same. We help you take charge of your career, giving you multiple growth opportunities along the way.
United States-New York-New York
May 31, 2019