Let's Grow Together! We are now hiring Class A company regional drivers to deliver freight from the Longview, TX distribution center to Dollar General stores in TX, LA, and AR.
UP TO $85K /YR!
OTR: Tuesday - Saturday; Guaranteed home weekly for reset.
- UP TO $85K /YR!
- OTR: Tuesday - Saturday; Guaranteed home weekly for reset.
- Weekly Pay - CPM, stop, and unload
- Dollar General’s competitive benefits package – NO WAIT TO ENROLL!
- Annual and referral bonuses
- Newer equipment, no slip seating
- 401K Savings and retirement plan with contribution matching
- Exclusive discounts on travel, entertainment, and other services - and of course employee discounts in our stores!
- Tuition discounts and scholarships for you AND your family
- Employee assistance programs for you AND your family
- Stock Purchase Program
- Employee recognition, diversity, inclusion, growth and development - be who YOU are in a company that is invested in seeing your career go far!
Dollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200 company with more than 15,000 retail locations in 44 states, 15 distribution centers and 130,000 employees that embody our mission of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all while keeping our customers and communities at the center of everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth and development career opportunities through award-winning training and being part of one of America’s fastest-growing retailers. Apply today and let’s grow together!
Responsible for on time delivery of freight between Dollar General Distribution Centers, stores, and vendors. Responsible for hauling and unloading multi-stop freight to Dollar General Stores and also returning freight (as required) and rolltainers to the Distribution Center. Responsible for safely operating the vehicle and transporting all freight, which includes interstate and intrastate deliveries.
DUTIES and ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Transport store-delivery freight as well as store returns and backhauls over-the-road in a safe, efficient, and timely manner adhering to all Dollar General policies and state and federal regulations. 40%
- Unload and reload freight and rolltainers at each delivery in a safe and efficient manner. 30%
- This includes:
- Rolling rolltainers off the trailer onto a lift gate and placing them into the backroom of the store;
- Unloading individual boxes and/or totes as required and placing them in the backroom of the store;
- Reloading return rolltainers and product onto the trailer and returning these items to the Distribution Center; and
- Safely securing all freight and rolltainers at each stop before sealing the trailer.
- Provide professional customer service to all parties including store teams, backhaul vendors, and distribution employees. 10%
- Complete all necessary paperwork and maintain records required under state and federal laws and regulations. 10%
- Ensure operation of the vehicle is in compliance with all state and federal laws and regulations. 10%
KNOWLEDGE and SKILLS:
- Available for routine overnight travel for extended periods of time
- Available to work any day of the week (Monday – Sunday)
- Ability to squat, crouch and reach as needed to handle freight
- Ability to enter and exit the vehicle’s cab numerous times each day
- Ability to push and pull rolltainers weighing between 600 - 1,200 pounds
- Ability to access and manually release fifth wheel lever and tandem pins, which requires horizontal pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 44 inches and pulling with a force of 100 pounds at a height of 38 inches
- Ability to occasionally lift, carry, or move freight weighing up to 50 pounds
- Ability to install and remove tire chains, hook and unhook trailers, and secure freight
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions—both heat and cold
- May be exposed to extreme heat and cold, including dry van trailers or refrigerator freezers and coolers for extended periods of time
WORK EXPERIENCE and/or EDUCATION:
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Valid Class A Commercial Driver’s License (CDL)
- Six months previous tractor/trailer driving experience
- Knowledge of all applicable Department of Transportation (“DOT”) Regulations and Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations
- Meet all standards (medical, safety, etc.) required by the DOT, including any drug/alcohol test
Dollar General Corporation is an equal opportunity employer.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,000.00 to $80,000.00 /year
- Class A Driving: 1 year (Preferred)