The Electrical Service Manager is responsible for leading the Electrical service team with a focus on driving achievements of the highest levels possible regarding customer satisfaction, productivity and growth of the team and Company. You will be responsible for the motivation, training and development of the Electrical service team. This position will interface with all departments in the company and drive service delivery.
JOB SPECIFIC COMPETENCIES
- Aggressively drive department sales and outstanding customer service through effective leadership, positive communication and motivation of the Electrical Service team.
- Constantly evaluate the success of the department; reward and take corrective action when needed.
- Coordinate team member activities to ensure individual and team goals are consistently achieved; ensure team members are working up to the highest standards in all aspects of their position.
- Analyze profitability and effectiveness of the technicians and the department to meet department production goals for revenue, jobs run, staffing and leads produced.
- Assist in developing growth measures to increase sales volume of the department, including promotions and sales of maintenance agreements, repairs and new equipment when needed.
- Determine ways to accelerate and capitalize on cross selling various business lines and lead production to be best in class.
- Continually develop technicians’ customer relations and technical skills to exceed the Company’s set performance standards. Follow Nexstar or other prescribed training program to evolve technicians to best in class.
- Follow up with customers and make sure their needs are met. Resolve escalated internal and external customer concerns in a timely, efficient and cost-effective manner. Utilize these situations as a method to train and develop technicians.
- Complete annual performance appraisals for assigned employees in a timely manner. When applicable, recommend merit increases or promotions for employees who consistently exceed performance expectations and satisfy other requisite criteria.
- Administer appropriate disciplinary action as warranted in conjunction with the Vice President of Human Resources.
- Effectively communicate established Company and department policies and procedures as well as operational and procedural changes. Monitor to ensure employee adherence.
- Maintain effective communication with other departments and divisions to improve processes and address internal and external customer and production issues
- Assist with implementation and monitoring of Company safety policies, procedures and workplace safety issues to assure a safe-working environment and verify that all required and/or appropriate safety measures are in place.
- Effectively interview Electrician applicants in conjunction with the Recruiter to determine appropriate candidate for open positions.
- Coordinate inventories, including Electrical Service van’s rolling stock in conjunction with the VP of Operations and Fleet.
- Attend and successfully complete all training for this position, as required at any time by the Company.
- Stay abreast of industry technological developments and convey this knowledge to team members.
- Must always exhibit high levels of integrity and ethical behavior.
Education: Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in business/management or related field or combination of experience, education and training that provides the desired knowledge, skills and characteristics.
Experience: Minimum of 5 years experience in a Service Manager role in the Electrical industry.
Certification/Licenses: Valid Driver’s License in good standing, Georgia Unrestricted Electrical License required.
Job Type: Full-time
- Electrical Service Management: 5 years (Required)
- Unrestricted Electrical License (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Tuition reimbursement