Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
If you are a self-motivated, energetic, independent sales engineering professional with experience and expertise in commercial / institutional HVAC, temperature controls, energy/facility management systems, security technologies/systems and fire alarm technologies/systems, Honeywell currently has an excellent opportunity for you to showcase your skills in a key role as a Senior Installation Sales Engineer based out of our Salt Lake City office. Our installation sales/engineering/delivery team program provides value to customers by enabling design-assist, collaborative design-build and design-bid-build solutions for new construction and renovation projects in Utah, Idaho and western Wyoming.
As an Installation Sales Engineer, your responsibilities will generally include –
- Calling on and selling to key mechanical, electrical and general contractors.
- Calling on and selling to several existing Honeywell accounts that have on-going design-assist, design-build
and/or design-build project needs.
- Team selling with other Utah-based Honeywell salespersons where your subject matter expertise on
Honeywell technologies and relationships in the engineering and contracting community will bring additional value to the customer and account teams.
Additional Position Responsibilities & Expectations:
- Follow a consultative solution-based sales process based on an understanding of customer’s industry drivers,
business objectives and operational issues and leverage customer and industry knowledge into a unique
Honeywell package of solutions and services.
- Understand the core principals and technologies of HVAC control and fire/security systems, as well as
current Honeywell technologies so that you can assist owners, engineering firms and contractors with specifications, and applicable codes and standards compliance.
- Understand the core principals of the LEED building program so that you can assist owners, engineering firms
and contractors with specifications and compliance.
- Develop and implement plan and spec market growth strategies that define value for geographically and market
- Ability to identify and pre-qualify opportunity targets based on buying behavior based needs in specific high
- Manage the sales process and time-to-market on targeted opportunities with the customers through agreed
upon milestones and requirements.
- Work with a team of internal Honeywell engineering, operational and finance personnel, as well as outside allies
and partners where appropriate, to develop comprehensive proposals that address client needs for new
construction, modernization, renovation, energy efficiency and sustainable technical, operational and
- Assist with on-going customer relationships on projects you sold to ensure customer satisfaction, positive
references and future opportunities.
- Maintain a high degree of awareness of customer’s next best alternatives and communicate competitive challenges
in a timely manner to sales management and technology teams.
- Participate in outside professional associations, such as ASHRAE, Association of Energy Engineers and
various vertical market organizations, such as Association of Hospital Engineering Professionals where appropriate..
- Must be willing to travel as necessary throughout the assigned territory
Provide Market Intelligence
Leading & Managing Overall Customer Satisfaction
Cost Estimating and Budgeting
Engage in customer-facing activities
YOU MUST HAVE
Associate’s Degree in building related technology.
Minimum 3 years outside sales experience in the building/facility temperature control and energy management system space.
Minimum 5 years of experience with Mechanical Engineering- with assessment, conceptual design and cost-estimating (budgeting) for HVAC control systems.
WE ALSO VALUE
Bachelor's degree in Engineering
Professional Engineer’s license in Utah and/or Idaho..
Experience with assessment, conceptual design and cost-estimating (budgeting) for fire alarm and security systems.
An ability to take initiative and work with limited direction.
Understanding of the principles and best practices of energy efficiency, indoor air quality and thermodynamics (in the HVAC space).
Proficient user of Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel & Outlook.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Certified Energy Manager/CEM certificate.
2371 Presidents Dr Ste A, Salt Lake City, UT 84120 USA