The Recall assistant will aid the recall coordinator with all duties. Responsible for communicating with all recall patients and responsible members of that patient’s health care team. Main responsibilities are to contact all currently eligible recall patients via telephone and Letter. This communication can include: obtaining patient’s health history, collecting current insurance information and inputting all current and relevant data into EPIC to schedule for a recall procedure.
- Coordinates patient appointments for procedures through doctor’s written orders, schedulers and recall department. Relays necessary messages to staff.
- Gathers necessary information, creates and establishes appointments in electronic medical record and inputs necessary information for billing verification process.
- Maintains and updates current schedule for any Digestive Healthcare physician.
- Answers telephone, takes messages and returns calls as needed.
- Complete knowledge of Block time GI Lab scheduling.
- Answers questions regarding patient appointments for procedures.
- Communicates specific patient needs to the GI lab staff in the electronic medical record and to their supervisor.
- Reads and review pathology results as they relate to any given recall status, Must be knowledgeable of current pathology criteria as determined by the ASGE for follow up status.
- Maintains all privacy and HIPPA regulations.
- Maintains flexibility and performs other duties as required as the need arises.
- Additional duties as assigned by Supervisor, Administrator or physician.
- Must have ability to locate medical records and retrieve them as necessary.
- Minimum of five years work experience, preferably in a medical office setting. Knowledge of medical terminology. Word processing and computer experience needed including Office Suite.
- EMR : Epic Experience
- Understanding/experience in gastroenterology office
- Able to multitask.
- Advance Computer skills
- comfortable with excel and access database
- Able to sit for long periods of time.
- Courteous telephone skills.Able to handle stressful situations
· Certified Medical Assistant / preferably with clinical background in gastroenterology (preferred/not required)
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $33,280.00 to $38,060.00 /year
- EMR: Epic: 1 year
- Gastroenterology: 1 year
- High school or equivalent
- Certified Medical Assistant (AAMA)
Required work authorization: