Responsible for the meeting plans, room configuration, and setup for an assigned building, contributing to the effective and efficient use of conference center facilities to ensure outstanding service delivery to the centers clients and visitors.
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Execute requirements related to setup of meetings and events in configurable space and additional meeting rooms or space as requested. Tasks may include the setup of table and chairs, opening/closing of combinable walls, audio visual equipment and technology needs for the event, waste and recycling removal, as well as help with assistance with vendor for catered functions. It may also include the adjustment of lights, sound volumes, and temperature as needed for each room before meeting guests arrive. Interact with internal clients who are utilizing our conference center meeting and event space, verifying that meeting requirements are met, and clients are provided friendly and efficient service at all times. Answer questions with accurate information and demonstrate a friendly and helpful personality by smiling, eye contact, initiating conversation and engaging with others. Resolve and solution for situations where the meeting plan can't be delivered.
- Use knowledge and experience to troubleshoot problems with audio visual equipment, lighting systems, as well as other platforms that may be used to audio/video conference, such as Skype, Webex and Intercall. Follow escalation procedures.
- Clean, organize, and maintain assigned conference storage areas. Perform daily and regularly scheduled cleaning and maintenance of meeting rooms before, during and after scheduled usage. Help maintain inventory and control of all conference supplies, flip chart paper, markers, etc., and other portable equipment (easels, flipchart stands, mics.)
- Performs additional job-related duties as requested.
Successful candidates will have the following:
- High School diploma or equivalent. College degree is preferred.
- 2+ years’ work experience, preferably in meeting support, setup/tear down of meetings, conferences and special events.
- Possess good communication, critical thinking and customer service skills.
- Ability to adapt to different technology solutions and problem solve as needed.
- Able to consistently lift/move items weighing up to 70 pounds.
- Required to lift and stack chairs, move tables and other equipment needed for meetings and events.
- Must be able to periodically work evenings and/or weekends. (General core hours could vary anywhere between 6:00am - 6:30pm. This will flex on occasion to meet needs.)
This position is not eligible for sponsorship for work authorization by Principal. Therefore, if you will require sponsorship for work authorization now or in the future, we cannot consider your application at this time.
Principal is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, pregnancy, national origin, citizenship status, disability, genetic characteristics, sexual orientation, marital status, domestic partner status, military status, protected veteran status, disability status or any other characteristic protected by law.