Shepherd Center is in the top 100 Great Places to Work in Atlanta!
We have a compassionate and fun culture and seek employees who want the same for patients and their families, caregivers, and co-workers.
Shepherd teams are self-motivated and directed, learn and apply knowledge quickly; are proficient and timely; have effective and appropriate communication skills in all interactions; and consistently demonstrate proficiency in their area(s) of expertise.
Please tell us about yourself by completing an application to join us at this great place to work!
Here’s how this role performs at Shepherd:
The Donor and Community Development Assistant is responsible for planning and implementing volunteer-managed, third-party fundraisings events. The Donor and Community Development Assistant works closely with volunteer committees and leaders and assists in all levels of planning, providing administrative support, marketing, including social media, print collateral and deliverables, and solicits sponsorships and in-kind donations to the events.
The Donor and Community Development Assistant also supports and assists Foundation and Public Relations staff with the Foundation social media accounts and activities. The Donor and Community Development Assistant represents Shepherd Center at community relations events and presentations. The Donor and Community Development Assistant works closely with Foundation leadership to schedule, plan and coordinate VIP Donor tours and Major Donor cultivation and stewardship events.
Third Party Events
- Coordinates/oversees the Center’s existing Third-Party fundraising events including Shepherd’s Men, SHARE a Laugh, golf tournaments, etc.
- Field inquiries about proposed third-party events, evaluate and make recommendations to Director of Development Operations.
- Work with volunteers/committees to ensure all aspects of the events are coordinated and implemented to Center expectations and on schedule.
- Works closely with the event volunteer committees. Attends planning meetings with volunteers when appropriate and manages follow-up activities and action plans.
- Helps coordinate solicitations to past sponsors and prospective sponsors.
- Develops budgets, analyzes budget versus actual income and expenses for each event, and prepares related financial statements to control costs and maximize net proceeds.
- Ensures all printed materials for special events are consistently and accurately prepared
and distributed to the correct mailing lists. When appropriate, assist with coordination of Coordinates graphic design, and production of a variety of printed and electronic media materials for special events.
- Ensures that sponsorships/gifts are posted to database and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Meets event fundraising goals and maintains expenses within 25% of Gross Revenue.
- Create and maintain accurate donor records in database.
- Enters appropriate personal and business information in donor and volunteer records.
Donor Cultivation and Stewardship
- Arranges tours, cultivation events, and other activities involving major donors, major donor prospects, and various boards’ members.
- Involved in the planning and implementation of donor cultivation events and other special projects as assigned.
Social Media and Community Relations
- Assists and supports Foundation staff in planning and implementing Foundation Social Media and community relations.
- Assists and supports volunteers and committees in planning and implementing social media, Public Relations, marketing collateral development project management.
- Assists volunteers with development of web-based giving and event management sites (CrowdRise, EventBrite, BidPal, etc.).
- When appropriate, assist with the planning and attend community relations and awareness-building events (Peachtree Roadrace Expo, check presentations, etc.).