POSITION – WAREHOUSE SORTING ASSOCIATE
Surplus Service is the #1 E-Waste Management and ITAD (IT Asset Disposition) solutions provider in the U.S. As the UpcyclIT® leader, we provide eco-friendly solutions that lead to the reuse of electronics over recycling, a far eco-friendlier and sustainable environmental option, and we were recently awarded the GEELA, California’s highest sustainability award, by the Governor of California. We are ISO 14001/45001, OSHA, R2, Green Business, B-Corp, “Great Place to Work”, etc. certified. Please visit our website.
The Sorting/FMV Associate is responsible for sorting and properly assigning fair market values (FMV) to assets. This includes organizing incoming materials and filtering the resalable materials to capture the condition of the material. The Sorting Associate is responsible for performing an initial search to enter rough resalable equipment to help sales and management scan materials efficiently into inventory.
- Research and identify, make, model and data to analyze fair market value (FMV).
- Shipping (Bill of Lading, boxes, pallets) and warehouse activities with a focus on productivity.
- Operate warehouse equipment: forklifts (certified), pallet jacks, dollies, and postage meters, shipping systems within OSHA safety and SOP guidelines.
- Promptly unload and stage pickups so assets can be accurately counted, weighed, separated and sorted, scan into inventory categories, adhere barcode tags and organize neatly into racks.
- Maintain accuracy, provide required reports, logs and measurements to KPI guidelines.
- Provide continuous improvement recommendations. Cross-train with employees for backup.
- High school diploma or equivalent; higher degree preferred. Minimum 2 years’ relevant work experience.
- Prior experience with FedEx, ShipStation, R2 and ISO standards, preferred.
- Expertise in utilizing a warehouse ERP inventory system, Excel, shipping, receiving, material handling, safety management, data entry, reporting, oral and written skills, etc.
- Basic knowledge needed to separate IT, medical, and testing equipment from recyclables.
We are looking for someone who can get the job done! This is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for the right person. We are entering a huge growth phase. Help lead us there!
Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds, bend, squat, push, pull, reach overhead and lift repeatedly, stand for long periods, etc. Perform basic computer and data entry skills into ERP inventory system.
$15 - $33+/hour depending on skills, with additional uncapped upside incentives. Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k, Profit-Sharing plan, etc. This is a full-time position in Fremont, CA. Hours are Mon - Fri, 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Please forward your resume with why you are a good fit.
Surplus Service is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Surplus Service considers candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $15.00 - $33.00 per hour
- warehouse: 2 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Computer literacy
- Data entry
- Pallet jack
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented -- would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- High stress tolerance -- thrives in a high-pressure environment
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
- Day shift
- Only full-time employees eligible