Who You Are
- An education reformer with an unwavering commitment to the Democracy Prep mission of college success and authentic civic engagement for our scholars.
- A professional who is passionate about assisting students with special needs in a rigorous, college preparatory learning environment.
- An individual possessing the emotional maturity and stability necessary for the specialized work involved in this role and the ability to keep sensitive information confidential.
- A graduate of an Associate's degree program (required), with experience working with children in an educational setting (preferred).
What You'll Do
- Work with individual students or small groups of students to reinforce learning of materials or skills initially introduced and outlined by certified staff.
- Monitor work, correct papers, and supervise curriculum-based testing and makeup work as assigned by the certified staff.
- Perform clerical, classroom maintenance, and instructional duties as assigned by the certified staff.
- Assist, as directed by certified staff, in the effort to successfully maintain students with special needs in an integrated setting, as determined by the IEP/Title 1/ESL Team(s).
Salary is competitive and commensurate with your experience.
Democracy Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, or ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, domestic violence victim status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. Our mission is to educate responsible citizen-scholars who will change the world. We strongly believe that by building a DREAM team that represents numerous perspectives, backgrounds, and expertises, we can achieve this goal together. This is a value we highly support and strongly encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.