Gastronomy and the Market Street family, the largest and one of the most successful local restaurants in Salt Lake City, is looking for exceptional people to join our team. We are a high volume, upscale seafood, fresh fish and steak restaurant and have 3 locations, one Downtown SLC, Cottonwood and South Jordan.
The priorities of this company are to deliver the highest possible quality in food and service to the guest, and to do so consistently. This organization has been successful because the owners and managers demand top performance from themselves and their employees. We feel that the people who work for Gastronomy are a cut above the rest and we are proud of our accomplishments. Many of our current management-level staff began with the company as hourly employees, and employees are encouraged by the partners to advance through the corporation.
Our servers ensure all guests are provided with prompt and friendly customer service according to Gastronomy standards. Servers describe menu items, assist guests in making food and beverage selections, take and ring in orders, deliver food and beverages, process payments, communicate well with cooks, bartenders, fellow coworkers and management to ensure smooth service and anticipate guests needs to help promote return guests and high levels of satisfaction.
Position Responsibilities and duties:
Position • set up station
Position Qualifications and skills:
- understand beginning, ongoing and ending sidework
- attend roll call to learn of specials, events, new menu items or service procedures
- greet guests
- deliver enticing, knowledgeable specials presentation
- take orders and deliver courses in appropriate order
- use all opportunities to engage guests, crafting a dining experience to their wishes
- tender their check promptly and accurately
Position • one-year high volume upscale tray experience is preferred, not required
- must be motivated, friendly, upbeat, outgoing and positive.
- must be able to assist guests and possess great customer relations skills
- ability to work positively in a fast-paced environment
- excellent verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- basic math skills
- ability to work effectively within a team
- ability to be on your feet and alert for extended periods of time
- ability to lift up to 35 lbs. as needed
- continuous use of hands and arms
- continuous bending, reaching and twisting
Position • vacation pay
- benefits offered at 25 hours/week after 90 days (medical, dental - free dental after 2 years)
- career growth potential – 85% of our managers and corporate positions are promoted from within! approximately 50% of hourly staff have been with the company for over 2 years.
- $3.99 shift meal
- 50% discount when dining as a guest
- lunch hours are perfect when kids are in school or as a second job!
- transition to nights quickly
- great earning potential for driven individuals