The role of a Factory Engineer in Substrate Packaging Technology Development SPTD is to provide factory support by handling technical equipment and process issues in real time to facilitate 24x7 lot movement through the manufacturing line.
Factory Engineers respond to process issues error recovery lot disposition and many ad hoc duties that the factory may require:
- Typical shift duties include Receiving both written and verbal passdown from leaving shift peers.
- Aligning on priorities with management Supporting areas on the factory floor and aligning with manufacturing technicians.
- Supporting process problems and making disposition decisions.
- This may require the use of a microscope or other metrology equipment Running Design of Experiments DOEs if needed.
- Writing and/or updating Specs as needed.
- Provide engineering level support throughout the shift.
- Communicate by email with Tool Owners and others on issues that require dayshift follow up.
- Prepare for and provide both written and verbal passdown of all shift activities to oncoming shift.
The candidate should exhibit the following behavior traits and/or skills:
- Problem solving and troubleshooting abilities.
- Verbal and/or written communication skills with the capability to effectively communicate with peers engineering and customers.
- Flexibility and handle multitask operations.
- Willingness to work with minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Be a self-starter capable of managing own activities as well as supporting team activities.
Work a night shift compressed work week schedule The schedule will consist of three 12 hours nights in a row followed by a fourth night every other week Sunday, Monday, Tuesday and every other Saturday nights.
This is an entry level position and compensation will be given accordingly.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship (apply only for bachelor's degree candidates)
You must possess the below requirements to be initially considered for this position.
Preferred qualifications are in addition to the requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
Knowledge and/or experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your school work and/or classes and/or research and/or relevant previous job and/or internship experiences
Candidate must possess a bachelor’s degree with 3+ months of relevant experience or Masters degree with 6+ months relevant experience in any of these engineering disciplines Materials Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry Physics or related discipline.
1+ year of experience in statistical process control SPC design of experiments DOE principles.
3+ months experience in semiconductor packaging process.
Inside this Business Group
As the world's largest chip manufacturer, Intel strives to make every facet of semiconductor manufacturing state-of-the-art - from semiconductor process development and manufacturing, through yield improvement to packaging, final test and optimization, and world class Supply Chain and facilities support. Employees in the Technology and Manufacturing Group are part of a worldwide network of design, development, manufacturing, and assembly/test facilities, all focused on utilizing the power of Moore’s Law to bring smart, connected devices to every person on Earth
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.