Executive Director, Health System Alliances - IDN | Medical Device | Patient Monitoring, Ventilation, & Neurology
The Executive Director, Health System Alliances will provide leadership in the identification, prioritization, evaluation, negotiation and relationship management of complex, strategic relationships with the company’s GPO/IDN/IDHN/IHS customers. This position requires experience in large capital sales with deep knowledge and relationships with diverse regional and national hospital systems. The Executive Director role reports directly to the Vice President, Health System Alliances.
- Generate new business and develop a solid strategy to create and maintain effective relationships within Integrated Delivery Networks, including “C” suite Administrators, and Physicians including Cardiologist, Neurologist and Pulmonologist that will result in increased market share across all of Nihon Kohden product portfolios.
- Develop sales strategies to produce growth and make sales presentations to GPO’s/ IDN and/or their members. This includes RFP responses and contract negotiations.
- Work with the Sales and Marketing departments and Regional Vice Presidents (RVPs) to identify targets and create forecasting models.
- Monitor sales performance across all Nihon Kohden product portfolios that have been set for GPO’s/IDNs, handle key account relationship management, develop partner relationships with sales channels, perform product demonstrations and foster collaborative relationships with luminary hospital sites.
- Work with Finance, Customer Care, Operations, Marketing, Sales and other internal departments to understand their strategic priorities and creatively identify partnership opportunities to support those priorities.
- Establishing metrics to analyze and track performance of partner initiatives. Develop actions to adjust sales strategy as needed
- Become the corporate lead for the customer with dotted line management of all key responsibilities including but not limited to: Sales, Project Management, Installation, Service, and Clinical.
- 10+ years in healthcare in a commercial sales, national accounts or business development capacity with an OEM selling diagnostic capital equipment, preferably in the patient monitoring space with companies such as Masimo, Spacelabs, Nihon Kohden, Philips, Mindray, GE Healthcare, Siemens Healthcare, Cerner, or similar companies.
- Deep knowledge and experience working with IDN, IDHN, HIS professionals at an executive level in a complex matrix selling environment.
- Current regional or national relationships with both GPO’s Premier, HPG and IDN’s, such as Tenet, Prime, UHS, Ascension Health, Partners, Sentara, NYU, MedStar, HHS, Geisinger Health (not a complete list)
- Familiarity with the HIS, EMR, Patient Monitoring, Neurology, Ventilation and medical technology marketplace.
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, engineering, or business-related discipline with an MBA preferred.
- Successful work history with particular focus on negotiation skills involving multi-modality deals, forecasting, ASP management, and revenue and market share enhancement.
- Travel – 50%
EEO Policy Statement
It is the policy of Nihon Kohden America not to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or because he or she is a protected veteran. It is also the policy of Nihon Kohden America to take affirmative action to employ and to advance in employment, all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status, and to base all employment decisions only on valid job requirements. This policy shall apply to all employment actions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, upgrading, promotion, transfer, demotion, layoff, recall, termination, rates of pay or other forms of compensation and selection for training, including apprenticeship, at all levels of employment.
Employees and applicants of Nihon Kohden America will not be subject to harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, genetic information, disability, or because he or she is a protected veteran. Additionally, retaliation, including intimidation, threats, or coercion, because an employee or applicant has objected to discrimination, engaged or may engage in filing a complaint, assisted in a review, investigation, or hearing or have otherwise sought to obtain their legal rights under any Federal, State, or local EEO law is prohibited.
As CFO of Nihon Kohden America, I am committed to the principles of Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity. In order to ensure dissemination and implementation of Equal Employment Opportunity and affirmative action throughout all levels of the company, I have selected Melanie Nguyen, Human Resources Representative, as the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Manager for Nihon Kohden America. One of the EEO Manager’s duties will be to establish and maintain internal audit and reporting systems to allow for effective measurement of Nihon Kohden America’s programs.
In furtherance of its policy regarding Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity, Nihon Kohden America has developed a written Affirmative Action Program which sets forth the policies, practices and procedures that Nihon Kohden America is committed to in order to ensure that its policy of nondiscrimination and affirmative action is accomplished. This Affirmative Action Program is available in the Human Resources office for inspection by any employee or applicant for employment upon request, during normal business hours.
We request the support of all employees in accomplishing Equal Employment Opportunity.