Job Title: Manager, Internal Audit
Airgas, an Air Liquide company, is the leading U.S. supplier of industrial, medical and specialty gases, as well as hardgoods and related products; one of the largest U.S. suppliers of safety products; and a leading U.S. supplier of refrigerants, ammonia products, and process chemicals. Dedicated to improving the performance of its more than 1 million customers, Airgas safely and reliably provides products, services and expertise through its more than 20,000 associates, over 1,200 locations, robust e-Business platform, and Airgas Total Access telesales channel. As an Air Liquide company, the world leader in gases, technology and services for Industry and Health, Airgas offers customers an unrivaled global footprint and industry leading technology and innovations.
For more information, please visitwww.airgas.com.
Performs operational and internal control audits to assess the effectiveness and efficiencies of operations; financial audits to assess the reliability of internal and external reporting; and compliance audits with applicable laws, regulations and internal policies. Responsibilities include planning, supervising and reviewing audits under the general guidance of the Senior Manager – Internal Audit. Also responsible for participating in the development of the risk-based annual plan. Provides training and coaching to senior and staff associates. Maintains all organizational and professional ethical standards and ensures all activities carried out or supervised are in compliance with professional standards. Due to the small size of the staff in relation to the number of auditable units within Airgas, this position will require a “hands-on” approach.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct audit planning activities and assess risk to determine audit objective, scope, and approach.
- Prepare audit planning memorandum and prepare/tailor audit programs based upon risk assessment. Review and approve audit programs prepared by staff members.
- Perform fieldwork in accordance with the approved audit program. This will generally include documentation of the system, identification and testing of internal controls, analytical review, and substantive testing.
- Provide management value added recommendations for improvement opportunities and to promote ‘best practices’ based on reviews of Airgas processes and functions.
- Supervise and review the work of assigned staff. Review work papers of projects in progress to be certain that adequate documentation has been gathered and sufficient work has been performed to evidence completion of the audit, and that the work papers provide a sound basis for concluding and reporting the results of the audit to management.
- Communicate effectively with management and other auditee personnel about audit progress, developments, reports, responses and audit issues. Evaluate report responses / post audit action plans proposed by management and perform / supervise follow-up of post audit action plan implementations, as determined and or of identified critical matters.
- Conduct closing meetings with various levels of management.
- Write and/or edit audit reports of findings and recommendations. Review audit report drafts in conjunction with work paper reviews to ensure full and complete reporting of essential information in a professional manner.
- Develop the technical skills and audit capabilities of the staff through various training techniques.
- Assist in other duties as required, such as developing and/or updating audit programs, developing the annual plan, recruiting, and staff performance evaluations, addressing management-requested projects, scheduling and controlling projects.
- Assist the Senior Manager – Internal Audit in monitoring internal audit quality control through continual evaluation, review, staff performance appraisals and feedback.
- This position is located in Radnor, PA and must be willing to travel to company locations up to 30%. This position will supervise a team of two auditors.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting.
- Minimum of 6-8 years of experience as an auditor (internal audit and/or public accounting) in an automated environment. At least 3 years of supervisory experience.
- Demonstrates excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills. Ability to build positive and effective relationships with key stakeholders across an organization at all levels. Ability to coach, counsel, train and develop skills of others.
- Personal computer skills; proficiency in Microsoft Suite / Google / SAP products.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Certification as a CPA, CIA or CMA is required.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Able to talk, hear, walk sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate and the work environment is an office setting.
Job Type: Full-time