Located in Loudoun County, Community Church exists to help people live life better by winning increasing numbers of people to Christ and his church. We summarize this mission as Meet God , Meet Friends , and Live Life Better . These three core initiatives drive everything we do!
Virginia Academy serves the mission of Community Church by preparing students for their best life, introducing them to a faith relationship with Christ and thoroughly preparing them for His service. We see students from all around the world introduced to a genuine faith relationship, discovering their unique God-given gifts, and being thoroughly prepared for a life of service to the Lord and His church.
Seeking LPNs or RNs Substitute School Nurses to provide and ensure quality student care and promote student wellness. Provide scheduled medication to the students for optimal health and safety. Supports and enforces all policies, programs of the Schools.
This position reports directly to a Office Manager.
- Meet the individual health needs of students; incorporating health care plans directed by physicians; complying with the laws relating to student health, including parental and guardian consent; providing appropriate care for ill, medically fragile and/or injured students; and serving as a resource to teachers, staff, and administrators.
- Administer medications to students.
- Promote a positive, respectful, and supportive environment for all students, parents, co-workers, and guests.
- Continually monitor student's needs to be sure they are being taken care of.
- Maintain student confidentiality.
- Provide a brief report in writing on the day's activities at the conclusion of each day for the teacher.
- Work cooperatively with all school personnel.
Health Matters 20%
- We work with the tangible help of God by maintaining regular personal time with him—space for hearing & listening to God’s voice through silence, solitude, praying, meditating on scripture, journaling, etc.
- We lead out of healthy marriages or singleness.
- We pay attention to physical health—diet, exercise & rest (Sabbath)—& make necessary adjustments.
- We connect to godly friendships through small group involvement where accountability & encouragement is practiced.
- We practice vulnerability—regular confession of weaknesses, sins, hurts, habits & hang-ups to not only God but to one another, as well.
Church Matters 20%
- We not only attend but we compellingly & constantly invite others to church, as well. An empty seat is a BIG deal!
- We always look out for & initiate conversation with new comers & guests. We push through our awkwardness so guests can feel welcome. We love to ask: “What can I do for you?”
- We work hard & if needed, late to make our ministry radiant—a church where people can’t help it, they have to notice her & want to be around her! We live to make church an ‘over-the-top’, inspiring, winsome, irresistible experience.
- We all equally share in honoring God by investing 10% of our income annually to finance his mission, the church. We don’t just work here. We ‘bleed orange!’
- We inform & help people complete our GROW course, the critical 1st step in truly joining the church.
Attitude Matters 20%
- We own the mission not our position, title or rank. We never say, “That’s not MY ministry!” or, “No one ever told me to do that!” or, “That’s not in my job description.” We energetically do what needs to be done.
- We don’t tolerate a negative attitude. We obsess on what we can control not on what we can’t.
- We all serve—something we’re doing connected to God’s house that we’re not being paid for.
- We practice authentic listening—listening to understand.
- We assume the best—when ‘stuff’ happens we don’t assume the worst or immediately go negative but give our colleagues the benefit-of-the-doubt.
Development Matters 20%
- We maintain Personal Development Plans (PDP’s) so we can demonstrate leadership growth. (We set goals— next steps in Leadership Pipeline, book reports, conferences, coaching...something!)
- We give the gift of feedback—positive & growth. & we hunger for both constructive & growth feedback from team mates in all situations.
- We lift others to higher levels passing along to others the knowledge, skills & opportunities that have been entrusted to us. We don’t just do a ‘job’, we build & empower people.
Environments Matter 20%
- We insure that all our environments are irresistible! From the parking-lot to our work space we strive to be flawlessly maintained—no ‘broken-windows’ anywhere...period.
- We are not finished until everything is clean, put away & visually stunning.
- We communicate confidence & respect to volunteers by keeping all behind-the-scene areas impeccable. (all closets, resource centers, cabinets, stairwells, back-stages, sound booths, garages, conex-storage boxes, etc)
- We pick up trash. We vacuum, sweep, mop, straighten things; put things away & return things in a clean orderly fashion. Sloppiness is ungodly!
- BA in Nursing
- LPN or RN
- Current CPR/First Aid and/or MAT Certified
- School Nurse Certificate is a plus, but not mandatory
- Minimum of six (6) months’ work experience as a registered nurse
- Demonstrated ability to work well with children/youth
- Experience in a church-run school
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- nursing: 1 year (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Preferred)