- Sales Experience
- Microsoft Office
The Sales Representative is responsible for selling the company’s products and/or services in a defined area. To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the knowledge, skills, and abilities identified below and be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily, either with or without a reasonable accommodation. The below is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job and is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a customer base within a defined area to meet and exceed area sales, financial and operating targets
- Help customers make farm production and marketing decisions
- Maintain and analyze records of customer profiles (e.g. commodities produced, product usage and service requirements) in order to identify, categorize and prioritize customer needs
- Develop and maintain effective business relationships with current and potential future customers, based upon an approach of targeting customers with whom the company can profitably do business.
- Provide timely service, marketing options, agronomic information and advice to current and potential customers, and arranging access to specialists where necessary to bring mutual benefit to the customer and the organization
- Stay informed of competitor activities within the market area, and recommending marketing program and service revisions
- Coordinate the movement of product and related administrative requirements in conjunction with customers and operations staff, in order to ensure that contractual obligations are met
- Review customer accounts to ensure that payments are within approved credit policy, and perform collection functions as required
- Execute sales programs within assigned market areas
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected
- Other work-related duties as assigned by supervisor/manager
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture or Business is preferred
- Minimum of 0-3 years of similar experience in the industry
- Computer skills include knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel and Outlook
- Demonstrated focus on meeting customer expectations and working to deliver excellent customer service
- Strong leadership and ability to manage and lead a team of personnel
- Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing with management, other team members, and customers
- Must be self-driven, self-motivated, and customer service-oriented, while being an effective team player
- Position may require state-specific certifications (i.e., PCI – California)
The following is representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable people with disabilities to perform the described essential functions of the job. While performing these responsibilities the employee is required to talk and hear. The employee is often required to sit and use his or her hands and fingers, to handle or feel and to manipulate keys on a keyboard. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, reach with arms and hands, climb or balance, and to stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Vision abilities required by this job include close vision. The employee must occasionally lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
Sales Representatives are typically assigned to specific geographic locations, with larger territories requiring greater amounts of travel. Sales Representatives are often on their feet for long periods of time and may carry heavy products. Sales Representatives typically work 40 hours a week, although longer shifts are common.
Job Type: Full-time
- Chemical Sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- Agriculture Sales: 1 year (Preferred)