Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails, Elixir (not a must)
Are you a Senior Ruby on Rails Developer looking for a challenge? Do you have experience or an interest in working with Elixir? We want to talk to you!
We have re-imagined our industry and are leading the way to delivery new and innovative products and services that improve the quality of life for millions of people around the World by delivering quality virtual healthcare.
Build API and web-apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir (not a must, but if you want to learn we are using in production) that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity. The Senior Software Engineer - Ruby on Rails, Elixir will develop operations solutions by guiding development of program specifications, overseeing testing efforts, role building modern API-driven web and mobile systems.
Call Joyce Schiffer – 203-241-2655
What you will be doing:
- Build API and Web-Apps using Ruby on Rails and Elixir that handle complex data models and state efficiently, while having great architectural design to manage complexity.
- Own responsibility of technical decisions and direction for one or many projects/teams.
- Aptly manages team demands on his/her time and shows willingness/ability to delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate
- Act as a liaison or primary point of contact for communicating with client side technical expertise.
- Direct technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront a project or team.
- Attends to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions to project/team or company related issues.
- Demonstrates interest in improving the company’s technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Participates in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Provides thought-leadership as it relates to emerging technologies and readying company and engineers for productively integrating the same into business.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related, required. Master’s Degree, Preferred in CS or Information Technology or related
- Has deep experience in Ruby on Rails.
- Experience or Interest in working with Elixir/Phoenix – we have it in production.
- Willingness to grow your experience and involvement in Elixir / OTP based services.
- Experience in a TDD environment and a preference for strong testing.
- Technically strong in and enthusiastic about backend systems and solid software architecture.
- Experience with Rspec/Minitest/Cucumber.
- Sees things from a user’s point of view, and figure out the best system flow to implement requirements.
- Solid experience with automated build tools for continuous delivery (like Jenkins, TeamCity etc).
- HTML/CSS knowledge
- Understands how to debug hard problems in HTTP, XHR, JSON, CORS, SSL, S3, etc.
- Has Basic Linux/Unix CLI knowledge.
- Working source code control (git) knowledge
- Ability to debug and consider performance and memory leak issues
- Debugging/profiling at the C/C++ level to analyze memory leak and performance issues
- Experience with AWS
- Able to reduce complex requirements and user interaction flows into solid API designs.
- Good understanding of common architectural messaging/api patterns and pitfalls.
- Coffeescript experience is a plus (although we are removing it from our system).
- Knowledge of other languages is a huge plus
We commit to your success:
- Commitment to Learning: Perpetual learning opportunities lunch time sessions, team events, our extensive library of materials including Pluralsight and Code School services.
- Conferences: We regularly attend area conferences and user groups as a team.
- Quarterly company-wide hackathons
- Work with industry leaders
- Community Involvement
Highly Competitive Compensation: Tremendously Competitive Salary+ bonus. Not only will you work with a great team, but you will be compensated appropriately. The company offers a bonus as well and equity potential. 401K match, full medical, dental, vision etc. benefits.
Best perk is the Team!
More about the Company:
Call Joyce Schiffer at 203-241-2655
All calls and inquiries welcome
Job Type: Full-time
- Software Engineering: 5 years (Preferred)