Doeren Mayhew's Financial Institutions Group is comprised of cross-functional professionals delivering industry-focused expertise to more than 350 institutions across the nation. Our group of trusted advisors assists a wide range of financial organizations in assessing opportunities, managing risk and delivering stakeholder value.
We are seeking an Internal Audit Associate in our Dallas, Texas office to join our Financial Institutions Group.
- Assist in completion of fieldwork for operational and compliance audit engagements for financial institution clients.
- Identify and document audit issues including the preparation of reports of written findings and recommendations.
- Complete assigned work within defined scopes, budgets and schedules.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with clients to enhance client satisfaction.
- Assist with special projects as necessary.
- Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field (prior experience may qualify)
- Earned or pursuing CIA, CPA, CFSA, CISA or financial institution related compliance or audit certifications.
- 2 to 5 years' current experience in public accounting, internal audit, or compliance.
- 1 plus years’ of experience in banking, credit union, mortgage banking, or trust banking.
- Understanding of internal controls, banking regulations and financial accounting.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and carry out a number of client projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines and maintaining a high degree of accuracy.
- High standards of honesty, ethics, and integrity.
- Ability to work accurately and independently, while seeking advice under the appropriate conditions.
- Effective computer skills and proficiency with MS Office
- Understanding of ProFX Engagement software a plus
- Ability to travel 35- 40%.