Associated Bank is an equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We support a work environment where colleagues are respected and given the opportunity to perform to their fullest potential. We consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status, among other factors. Applicants with a disability who need assistance applying for a position with Associated Bank are asked to email: colleaguecare@AssociatedBank.com or call: (800) 878-3282.
The Telecom Engineer I responds to Tier II escalations from the Service Desk to support, maintain and install VOIP/TDM communication systems, equipment, software and processes necessary for voice connectivity and voice communication services through in-depth diagnostics and troubleshooting. The position is responsible for directing vendors during installation and repair work. In addition, the Telecom Engineer I performs large scale move/add/change projects as well as planning and implementing large VOIP/TDM communication system projects.
Operates in full compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as applicable regulations and laws, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act/Anti-Money Laundering requirements. Responsible to report any procedure or process that doesn’t meet regulatory requirements including fraud, whether suspected or confirmed, to management. This reporting can be done directly to any member of management, including Human Resources or Corporate Security, or can be reported through Associated’s anonymous Ethics Hotline.
KEY RESULT AREAS
VOIP/TDM communications systems, hardware, software configuration and installation
VOIP/TDM hardware, software maintenance support
VOIP/TDM hardware and software inventory management
Service Desk escalation support
Perform medium to large telecommunications move/add/change (MAC).
After hours support and implementation
- Respond to escalated assignments from the Service Desk in support of failed voice communications systems and services. Perform in-depth diagnostics to troubleshoot and formulate solutions for end user and system issues of VOIP/TDM communications problems to determine root cause. Based on diagnostics, troubleshooting, knowledge & experience, execute complex system issue resolution. Draft procedures to be used by Telecom Engineers during future occurrences. Communicate to management and direct service providers for repair and corrective action. Includes on call weekday/weekend assigned rotation.
- Perform large-scale telephone move/add/change (MAC) activity as assigned in the project tracking system. Follow established task plans utilizing approved tools and systems. Communicate status and document as required.
- Direct vendors in installation and repair of voice circuits to remote offices. Review utilization reports using system tool and third party solutions to identify problems and take corrective action.
- Perform regularly scheduled preventative maintenance on assigned office VOIP/TDM communication systems. Review voice communication system diagnostic logs and take corrections of noted problems as a method of preventative maintenance through diagnostics and troubleshooting.
- Plan and implement large Avaya VOIP/TDM communications system projects to include voice mail systems, call routing, voice applications, carrier circuits and new Telecom technology to support end users at offices and branch locations using the appropriate tools, manuals and vendor support.
- Maintain necessary stock of replacement parts and voice communications system hardware. Dispose or repair defective voice communications hardware by returning maintenance items to vendor using RMA process. Track all incoming and outgoing repairs.
- Review, allocate and approve vendor invoices received from supply vendors and service vendors.
- Maintain current knowledge of vendor’s VOIP communications hardware, software and applications solutions.
- Coordinate the installation voice/data cabling using established standards for service the purpose of connecting all telephone and related peripheral equipment to the data network.
- Assist with Business Resumption Readiness testing for internal business preparedness and external Business Partner voice connections. Work with end users, business partners and IT Management to provide current, accurate documentation of supported systems, and activities required in the event of a disaster. Participate with ongoing testing of Business Resumption plans.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Avaya ACSS Certification desirable.
Hands-on knowledge of the installation, implementation, and maintenance of Avaya VOIP/TDM communications equipment, video teleconferencing equipment, voice/data equipment, including Avaya Aura, Avaya Communications Manager, Nortel CS1000, Opt11, Opt81, Avaya Call pilot voice mail systems, Norstar Key systems, Toshiba Key systems.
Hands-on knowledge of T1 and DS-3 protocols.
Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
Adept at reading and interpreting technical documentation and procedure manuals. EDUCATION
Associate's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience Computer Science or Telecommunications/Data Networking Required
2 years installation, configuration and troubleshooting Avaya VOIP/TDM communications systems, voice mail systems, call routing, voice applications. Implementing and troubleshooting of VOIP communications systems and VOIP network protocols; H323, SIP, RTP, UDP and TCP IP. Working knowledge of local, wide and metropolitan area networks. Working knowledge of structure cabling solutions. Ethernet topologies and data communications. VOIP and Video Conferencing components. Required
3-5 years installation, configuration and troubleshooting Avaya VOIP/TDM communications systems, voice mail systems, call routing, voice applications. Implementing and troubleshooting of VOIP communications systems and VOIP network protocols: H323, SIP, RTP, UDP and TCP IP. Working knowledge of local, wide and metropolitan area networks. Working knowledge of structured cabling solutions. Ethernet topologies and data communications. VOIP and Video Conference components Preferred
Lift up to 10-25 pounds Frequently
Lift up to and over 25-50 pounds Occasionally