Excellence Leaves a Lasting Impression, Bring Your Vision to shape a better world. At Arup, our innovative spirit compels us to express our ingenuity in unique ways —developing many of the world’s most innovative and sustainable buildings, civil engineering, transportation projects. Arup is a global engineering and consulting firm of over 14,000 creative minds. Our integrated approach to engineering and design brings together the best professionals to meet our clients’ needs.
Arup is seeking a talented and motivated transportation engineer with two to five years of relevant experience to work in our New York City office. The successful candidate will share our passion for creating great places and achieving sustainable planning outcomes in ‘shaping a better world’. The candidate will have an excellent understanding of the principles of design, land use and the relationship to traffic operations. The candidate will have practical experience in some or all of the following disciplines: street design, microsimulation modeling, and traffic analysis.
As a transportation engineer at Arup, you will work as part of a creative team to perform analyses and other technical input into a variety of plans and studies such as corridor studies, site master plans, transit studies, pedestrian/bicycle planning studies, station area plans, airport landside studies, ITS initiatives, and freight analyses.
Specifically, you will work with a Senior Engineer or Planner and be responsible for:
- Performing analyses using a variety of tools including Excel, traffic modeling platforms or other analytical tools
- Building and calibrating micro-simulation models and interpreting their outputs
- Preparing conceptual street/intersection designs for urban and airport landside environments
- Writing reports for internal and external purposes
- Attending client meetings with senior staff
- Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
- Researching and understanding trends and best practices in the Transportation Industry
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred) in civil engineering, transportation planning, industrial engineering or similar
- Three to five years of experience in the transportation sector
- Familiarity with US planning and engineering practices
- Participation in local Professional Associations
- Professional experience with one or more of the following: Synchro, Vissim, Aimsun, Corsim, Paramics, AutoCAD, Microstation
- Experience with analytical or design tools (ex ArcGIS, SketchUp, Illustrator, AutoTurn/AutoTrack, TransCAD, Visum, Cube/Voyager, TransModeler, Legion, HCS, SPSS, Arena, etc)
- Experience with system programming languages (ex. Python, R, Julia)
- Certification as an EIT, AICP, PTP, and/or PTOE
Arup offers an excellent benefits package including healthcare, 401k match of 10%, Paid Time Off (PTO) and bonus compensation in the form of Profit Share.
Share your passion and experience in a global culture that believes your potential to achieve is endless. This is your opportunity to shine.
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.