At LG we make products and services that make lives better, easier and happier through increased functionality and fun. Put simply, we offer the latest innovations to make “Life Good” – from home appliances, consumer electronics, vehicle components and mobile communications to business innovations in digital signage, air conditioning, solar and LED lighting. As a global leader, we strive for greatness in product leadership, market leadership and people leadership to realize our growth strategies.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
Embedded Security Intern
San Jose Lab is a highly innovative R&D group developing state-of-the-art high-value solutions for LG Electronics business units and CTO division. Our R&D scope is broad and strategic, covering chips and systems for deployment in next 2-5 years. We are currently focused on developing neural engines to accelerate deep neural networks for LG’s diverse products including for cars, smart image sensors for next-generation cameras and lightweight, privacy-preserving, scalable post-quantum security for Intelligent Internet-of-Things including cars. Our project teams typically consist of experienced experts who collaborate with other experts and engineers, both within and outside of LGE. We are always looking for innovative, energetic and passionate team players with strong sense of self confidence and respect.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
You will be part of the security R&D team developing algorithms, SW and HW for applied cryptography. Application areas include the entire Internet of Things (IoT) spectrum, which entails the resource constrained IoT market. We are seeking a highly motivated person with a passion to conduct high-quality research with minimal supervision and develop quick Proof of Concepts (PoCs) in software and hardware. You will champion the security development lifecycle (includes hardware and software) and provide security expertise in design, hardware/firmware integration and vulnerability research/testing.
- Develop Authentication of Things (AoT) protocols
- Assess system vulnerabilities by developing new penetration testing tools (includes side-channel attacks).
- Integrate AoT and other IoT protocols with HW accelerators
- Incorporate SDL requirements
- Effectively communicate research findings by publishing papers in top-rated conferences and journal publications
- Actively participate in different security standard’s working groups
- Undergraduate Student with related work experience and Security focus
- In-dept. knowledge of network vulnerability and countermeasures
- Expertise in applied cryptography and hands-on experience in developing lightweight cryptographic protocols
- Related experience in developing security solutions on embedded platforms (e.g. ARM and Synopsys).
- Broad knowledge in IoT protocols and its application.
- Knowledge of different build systems and OSes that would integrate and communicate with an IoT ecosystem, such as Linux, Android, WebOS, iOS, Windows and others.
- Familiarity with different security frameworks and standards/consortiums.
LG Electronics, USA Inc.; LG Mobilecomm USA, Inc., LG Mobile Research USA LLC, and Zenith Electronics LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the Company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees are treated during employment without regard to any of these characteristics.