Director of Information Systems
Housing Partnership Network (HPN) is an award-winning business collaborative of 100 of the nation’s leading affordable housing and community development nonprofits, and a top-rated CDFI. Creating private sector partnerships and enterprises that achieve ambitious social missions, HPN and its member organizations work together to scale innovation and impact, helping millions of people gain access to affordable homes and thriving communities that offer economic opportunity and an enhanced quality of life.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
The Director of Information Systems (DIS) is responsible for the systems, people, and processes designed to create, store, analyze and report, distribute and disseminate information within HPN, HPN businesses, and the network of members to facilitate collaboration and effective business operations.
The Director is responsible for the planning, implementation, and management of the software applications that support all stakeholders and as the internal leader for IS, stays current and provides recommendations aligned with industry best practices and technologies. S/he will have end-to-end functional responsibility for analysis, design, build, test, and deployment of enterprise level solutions that reflect our commitment to user-friendly design as well as high standards for stability. S/he will partner with the Director of Knowledge Management to foster a data-driven and solutions-focused approach to business.
The Director of Information Systems provides internal customer service around all data and IT needs, and will play a lead role in ensuring that our infrastructure (hardware, software, databases, and networks) unlocks new opportunities. The Director will support the use of technology, provide effective IT systems, develop IS standards and policies, and provide technology solutions for HPN initiatives. S/he incorporates high security standards into every decision, ensuring compliance with industry standards around data security and PII. S/he manages and mentors a Desktop Support Technician.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serve as business and technology solutions development specialist. Serve as a consultant to departments and HPN businesses concerning business and technology solutions development theory and practice. Provide innovative, results-focused, information-based solutions to address complex cross-functional needs. Lead business and technology solutions development plans and schedules.
Manage all external vendors and consultants
- Serve as key contact with external consultants and support providers (data management and analysis, CRM, etc.). Negotiate service level agreements with vendors and service providers. Monitor service delivery to ensure targets and standards are met.
- Serve as internal authority for CRM application. Act as primary liaison and resource during
integration, and for internal staff regarding use and standards. Coordinate and recommend
application customizations and system enhancements.
- Needs to have demonstrated experience finding and implementing solutions where none previously existed, ensuring solutions selected provide the most efficient cost/performance ratio.
Support data analysis for HPN stakeholders
- Lead IS efforts to facilitate data collection, analysis, and reporting to internal departments, HPN businesses, and HPN membership, including visual delivery of data.
- Partner with Director of Knowledge Management to plan the IS support of current and future data initiatives.
- Promote a data leveraging culture. Develop and coach organizational talent to access and manage data to synthesize valuable, relevant information and leverage it effectively to make better business decisions and push the organization up the DIKW pyramid.
Manage all IT needs for HPN
- Lead IT strategies and policies for a growing staff of 50, including excellent stewardship of IT and AV platforms and systems as well as data security.
- Formulate plan, budget, and recommend Information Systems capital expenditures. Budget and monitor IS operating expense on an organization-wide basis. Manage purchases, and coordinate installation and upgrades.
- Manage and mentor a Desktop Support Technician.
Be a team player
- Provide support for and during HPN Member Meetings, including two major week-long meetings per year held across the country.
- Understand and support the mission, standards and policies of Housing Partnership Network, contribute to their formulation and evaluation, and be able to interpret them to others.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, ability to work with diverse personality types in a dynamic work environment.
- Show a customer-service, friendly perspective.
- Ten years progressively responsible experience in information systems or a related field, with demonstrated ability to operate at a strategic level.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Business, or a related field required, or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Strong preference for candidates experienced with database creation and management in AWS, and analytics platforms.
- Knowledge and understanding of Cloud computing services including Software as a Service (SaaS), Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- Experience with Salesforce preferred.
- Understanding of network administration preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to execute excellent management, employee engagement, and leadership principles and practices.
- Ability to influence and sway others through deep industry knowledge and organizational awareness.
- Skill in analyzing, problem solving, and responding to questions.
- A self-starter and innovator, with the ability to exercise independent judgement.
- A team player with strong relationship building skills and a positive attitude.
This position is based in Boston, Massachusetts and reports to the VP of Information and Operations. Some travel is required.
To apply, please submit a short cover letter and resume to email@example.com.