TYSON & MENDES is looking for an EXPERIENCED PARALEGAL to join our team of litigators at our office in Golden, CO. A successful candidate would already have worked in a fast-paced defense firm focused on civil litigation matters, with an emphasis on personal injury law and will be ready to hit the ground running.
- Ability to assist attorneys with propounding and responding to discovery (interrogatories, requests for admissions, and request for production, subpoenas, and preparing deposition binders) and motions (preparation of any supporting documents and exhibits, and preparing hearing binders)
- Ability to manage trial preparation including: coordination of witnesses and travel, trial exhibits, charts, trial notebook, subpoenas, and page lines
- Independently obtain, review and organize medical records/medical billings, calculate damages including medical expenses, lost wages and property damage
- Work as part of a team with all levels of experiences
- Routine communications with clients and attorneys about case status and preparation
- Paralegal certification
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a litigation paralegal
- Solid understanding of civil litigation (state and federal deadlines and rules)
- High proficiency in MS Suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint and Outlook and Adobe Acrobat
- Ability to think and act independently and with minimal supervision
- Articulate, organized and a team player with excellent listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Professional appearance and demeanor
It is the policy of Tyson & Mendes to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), parental status, national origin, age, disability, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, or other non-merit-based factors.
Job Type: Full-time