Vice President Sales & Marketing
Tailored Label Products
Menomonee Falls, WI
This is a unique opportunity to join the premier custom label maker in the state of Wisconsin. We are Tailored Label Products…a two-time Wisconsin Manufacturer of the Year and multiple Best Workplaces award winner! We design and build custom label solutions for the biggest and best companies in America. TLP is about to celebrate our forty-year anniversary in style, opening a brand-new facility in Menomonee Falls, WI. With over four decades of experience in the design and fabrication of unique labels for complex applications, we are a trusted partner with a rapidly growing client base.
Conveniently located just one minute east of Highway 41-45 on W. Good Hope Road in Menomonee Falls, Tailored Label Products ultramodern facility is a testament to our most valuable resource, our people! From wide open production areas with sweeping views of the surrounding countryside to a spectacular office design with soaring ceilings and equally impressive views, our facility invites collaboration and innovation. Our aim is to build and grow a culture where the TLP team works together to make remarkable things happen for clients, employees, and the community. Importantly, we are a short drive away from major metropolitan attractions, including Milwaukee’s lakefront, Summerfest, the Milwaukee Brewers, Milwaukee Bucks, and our world class performing arts scene.
Purpose of the Position
The Vice President Sales & Marketing role drives the TLP revenue and business growth train. TLP is looking to identify a strategic VP of Sales & Marketing to lead a talented sales, marketing, and customer service team to accelerate growth initiatives utilizing our core values to guide the decision-making process. Reporting to the President, the VP Sales & Marketing is responsible for top line growth at TLP by providing strong leadership direction to the entire business development team.
At TLP, we believe challenges are achievements waiting to happen, and fun isn’t just something that happens after work. Your embrace of our values including determination, respect, appreciation, trust, and fun are crucial for success in this role. This sets the foundation for teamplay throughout the company and improves our ability to deliver outstanding customer satisfaction.
Top candidates have a history of remarkable success; using analytics to identify and penetrate strategic prospects, building strategic partnerships, and providing service excellence to our clients. Your people skills and communication style make you comfortable with anyone, and you can just as easily walk the production floor as conduct strategic business sessions. You celebrate successes, reward those that raise the bar, and appreciate the contributions of all. Importantly, you expect the best and contribute to a work environment that embraces the critical value of teamwork for success.
What You'll Be Doing
- Provide leadership for all aspects of the company’s sales and marketing function
- Develop and execute long-term business objectives that support growth, profitability, and ROI objectives
- Collaborate with senior leadership team to build and implement an effective strategic plan. Primary responsibility for development of the sales and marketing component of the strategic plan. Successfully execute strategic sales, marketing, and customer service plan.
- Develop, implement, and monitor critical sales and marketing metrics to assure top line growth objectives are met or exceeded.
- Negotiate and close major new client business opportunities. Develop long term partnerships with clients consistent with company value proposition.
- Develop and implement effective analytics. Use a data driven approach to new business development activity.
- Implement an accurate sales forecast for business planning use by senior management team. Assure forecast is updated on a scheduled basis.
- Present regular status updates on business development and marketing to the senior leadership team and the board of directors. Communicate and share results with all employees.
- Oversee the organization’s pricing structure, ensuring competitive status and account profitability.
- Review the attainment of key top line objectives and act appropriately to correct underperforming areas
- Collaborate with senior leadership team to develop and implement a strategic people plan that aligns with the business plan
- Support the attainment of an employee centric culture to assure employees respond to business challenges in an engaged and responsible manner. Share and celebrate organizational successes
- Assure the growth and development of sales, marketing, and customer service employees to support long term personal, professional, and organizational development plans
- Develop succession plans that assure the people plan aligns with the sales and operation plan Mentor sales, marketing, and customer service team members to assure professional growth and readiness for additional responsibilities
Bring Your Best
- Professional background in manufacturing sales and marketing leadership. Strong preference for industry specific knowledge in custom label manufacturing. .
- Excellent financial skill set and the ability to utilize skills for pricing strategy and account profitability analysis.
- Outstanding communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with key clients and internal staff and employees.
- Excellent negotiations skill set. Ability to think and communicate effectively in the moment.
- Exceptional people skills and the confidence to work comfortably with all levels of TLP employees.
- Ability to integrate top line analytics into business development strategy and execution.
- Knowledge of strategic planning and organizational goal setting and the development and implementation of business development and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Inherently act with integrity and professionalism.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
Why You Should Apply
TLP believes that competitive pay provides a foundation for a complete benefit package that helps you live your best life, both at work and at home. This includes great benefits, opportunities to gain experience professionally, and rewards that inspire your downtime. Here is a summary of the cool stuff we offer our employees:
Learning and Growth
- Challenging and Dynamic Role
- Career Development Plans
- Professional Growth Opportunities
- Performance Management and Coaching
- Tuition Reimbursement
- OJT Learning Opportunities
Health & Wellness
- Vision Care
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Wellness Program
- On Site Clinic
- Competitive Base Pay
- Annual Merit Review
- PTO Including Vacation, 9 Paid Holidays, Birthday Holiday and 3 Personal Days
Planning for the Future
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Short Term Disability Plan
- Life Insurance
Culture and Workplace
- Growing Organization with an Exciting Future
- Ultra-modern Work Environment
- Working Safe, Watching Out for Each Other
- Positive and Respectful Work Environment
- Challenges are Accomplishments Waiting to Happen
- Engagement, Spirit, and Drive get Results
Tailored Label Products is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Cell phone reimbursement
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Paid training
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Menomonee Falls, WI 53051: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel:
Work Location: In person