Provides administrative and clerical services for the branch office in order to ensure effective and efficient operations.
- Welcome guests and customers by greeting them, in person or on the telephone; answering or directing inquiries as well as determining if access should be granted to certain individuals.
- Backup for sales counter and phone
- Assist sales counter with any administrative duties
- Produce information by transcribing, formatting, inputting, editing, retrieving, copying, and transmitting text, data, and graphics.
- Maintain office supplies inventory by checking stock to determine inventory level; anticipating needed supplies; evaluating new office products; placing and expediting orders for supplies; verifying receipt of supplies.
- Screening TC applications in TM Soft for selection criteria
- Check DMV records for applicants (TC's)
- Phone screening applicants and in-person interviews. These should be scheduled and coordinated with Area Manager/Operations Manager
- Reference checking subsequent to interviews
- Scheduling drug screenings and pre-hire physical ability test for new hire Traffic Controllers
- Assist the new hires with filling in their paperwork and make sure all the papers are filled correctly and signed
- Compose and deliver Traffic Controller dispatch letters and give instructions to new hires for enrolling in the union
- Coordinate with operations the new hire start dates along with training classes
- Create job numbers and service orders for Traffic Control receipts on TMSoft.
- Submit traffic control plans and permits to jurisdiction on behalf of customers.
- Prepare a monthly expense/ petty cash report and send it to the main office.
- Monitor Donlen with respect to work receipt times and prepare reports when needed
- Balance the sales order report with sales receipts, submit them to main office and then scan them over to Y drive to be entered in each sales order receipt
- Enter the work receipts with accuracy and timely manner into TMSoft for payroll
- Verify work receipt accuracy checking for mistakes and making corrections.
- Monitor and cataloging setup/pickup times and identify any discrepancies keeping an eye out for dishonesty
- Create Purchase Orders when needed, scan them and send them to Accounting Department
- Enter inventory quantities into TM Soft for processing and communicate the monthly inventory with the main office.
- Provide general administrative assistance
- Active knowledge of the Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access).
Skills and Abilities
- Ability to make administrative/procedural decisions and judgments
- Ability to analyze and solve problems
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to gather data, information, and prepare reports independently and in a timely and/or urgent manner as needed
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize and escalate issues to the proper person when necessary
- Ability to work fluidly and effectively with company's departments as needed to resolve unspecified issues as they arise.
- Maintain a positive work environment.
- Computer (Keyboard, mouse)
- Basic office equipment (Stapler, scissors, hole-puncher, etc.)
- Copy/Fax Scanner
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Requires standing/sitting for prolonged periods of time
- Requires lifting up 20lbs
- Requires using hands to handle, control or lift objects
- Requires repetitive movement
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job function in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner
Minimum Education and Experience
High school degree with 2 years of related experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $18.00 /hour
- related: 2 years (Required)