Home Care - Human Resource Representative - Bilingual
Preferred Home Care of New York serving the NY Metropolitan area including Nassau, Suffolk and Westchester counties, is seeking an experienced, HR Specialist for our Brooklyn Corporate Office who has a strong understanding of the New York State Department of Health regulations concerning personnel record and compliance for licensed home care agencies, and is extremely organized.
The Human Resources Representative assumes responsibility for the coordination of administrative activities related to, employee record compliance and benefits. The HR Representative is responsible for processing new hire files. This individual will educate all new hires on their employee benefits, maintain all employee files, and conduct other administrative duties as needed while enjoy being a part of an ever-expanding team committed to employee satisfaction.
- Previous Human Resource experience in the Home Care / Health Care industry
- Fluent in, PFL, FMLA, & Disability processes
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and HHA Exchange
- Knowledge of employee benefits
- Experience with employee verification and background checks
- Familiar with CHRC /Submission, Terminations & home care registry.
- Familiar with identifying and solving DOH Criminal background related issues.
- Investigative ability, highly organized, self-motivated, takes initiative, excellent written and verbal communication and analytical critical thinking skills; able to perform without much supervision.
- Competitive Salary
- Sick Days
- Paid Legal Holidays
- Health Insurance
- Commuter Benefits enrollment eligibility
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- A Dependent Care Account (DCA)
WHY WORK AT PREFERRED HOME CARE OF NEW YORK?
Preferred Home Care has an amazing, values-based company culture ripe with collaboration, encouragement and camaraderie. We offer a track to growth based on what you put into the role and your passion for learning in the company. In your role you'll have the ability to innovate and make an impact with your ideas in real-time.