The VP of Operational Excellence is a results-oriented executive, who is responsible for defining and driving business transformation, streamlining operations and building new solutions to simplify business processes and deliver on strategic objectives. It is important that the person who fills this role is hands on and able to contribute as both a manager and individual contributor.
Next Technologies, a family owned group of companies owned and headquartered in the Georgetown Texas, manufactures and distributes consumer products from three locations. We are a growing company with strong upside potential. Now positioning for its next high growth phase of 50%+ per year, the transformational leader will bring proven experience with a solid track record of success in running small-to-medium sized companies or divisions. This person will wear many hats - the ideal candidate has solid leadership skills, an entrepreneurial/ownership mindset, and a mastery of sales, customer service and operations.
The VP will support and further the Operational Excellence strategy across the sites. This position will facilitate continuous improvement activities throughout the warehouses, plants, generating cost reductions and process improvements, while serving as the Subject Matter Expert in Operational Excellence. The role will provide solid analytical support for all site Operations and Operational Excellence teams to improve daily operations. The VP will support the ongoing development of a culture of Continuous Improvement by delivering training on Operational Excellence tools and supporting cross-functional efforts in the application of these tools to drive improvement across all areas of the business.
What You'll Do:
- Manage 7+ direct reports who oversee all functions of the business including Sales, Warehousing, Operations, and Quality Assurance.
- Lead the completion of both large and complex process improvement/redesign projects across functions and departments as well as smaller scale quick win events; responsible for coordination of resources assigned to projects and timely completion of deliverables throughout all phases.
- Provide Entrepreneurial Leadership (Vision, Strategy, & Executive Leadership)
- Drive company-wide lean initiatives to improve operational effectiveness as measured by quality, lead-time reduction and margins.
- Implement a new ERP production management system.
- Ensure continuous improvement in customer service, quality, and productivity.
- Develop and implement strategic plans with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Set and achieve corporate objectives with the support of the leadership team and employees.
- Communicate progress and challenges to stakeholders including the board, private equity ownership, and employees.
What We're Looking For:
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive operational & sales leadership within a manufacturing and/or distribution environment strongly desired.
- Strong knowledge of manufacturing, operations, sales and quality.
- Bachelors degree required.
- 3+ years of experience leading continuous improvement efforts and delivering results in business processes or operations
- Strong technical proficiency with digital applications and ability to learn new software quickly. Must have at least an intermediate proficiency with CRM and ERP. Bonus points for any type of programming experience and advanced Excel.
- Evidence of successful implementation of lean continuous improvement resulting in improved performance in quality, lead-time and productivity.
- Must excel in an entrepreneurial environment. A collaborative yet competitive, resilient attitude with a strong work ethic is required.
- Solid planning, organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task and assimilate new information quickly.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport across the company while quickly and confidently gaining respect of others, including superior listening and probing skills.
- Customer Advocacy –Understanding customer needs is key to process improvement.
- Change Leadership - demonstrated performance as a change agent in the past; ability to deal well with setbacks.
- Communication - effective verbal and written communication skills at all levels of the organization, essential for the many roles you may fill: trainer, coach, and mentor.
- Operational improvement of sales, customer service and manufacturing
- Recruit and retain talent
- Support the Global Leader in Deploying Operational Excellence program across the sites through coaching and mentoring at all levels across the sites. Train employees on improvement tools such as: Lean Thinking, Six Sigma, SPC (Statistical Process Control) and Dashboards
- Identify and implement continuous improvement activities to produce tangible savings and process improvements.
- Provide technical, business coaching and mentoring of project teams. .
- Facilitate Kaizen events using Lean and Six Sigma methodologies to generate priority initiatives with measurable results, including follow-up with teams to monitor results.
- Analyze data to drive improvement.
- Produce regular KPI scorecards/dashboards, ensuring relevant data is shared across the sites.
- Work closely with Finance to evaluate and document savings and profit results for continuous improvement activities.
Competencies and Attributes
- Strong Leadership: Resilient, Tenacious and Persistent
- Proven Change Management Skills (Change Integration Process)
- Assertive Influencing & Collaboration/Teaming Skills
- Has A Track Record Of Tangible Improvements
- Strong decision making and problem solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic and fast-paced environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Challenging and rewarding work environment
- Growth and development opportunities within Next and its subsidiaries
- Competitive Compensation
- Medical, Dental Plan
- Bonus opportunity up to 70% of salary
Job Type: Full-time
- Operational Leadership: 3 years (Required)