OPEN UNTIL FILLED
PURPOSE OF CLASSIFICATION
Performs specific assigned clerical support and customer service tasks of minimal difficulty under direct supervision. The main function of the Archives Unit is court document storage and retrieval. Court records are archived off-site until needed. The unit retrieves records from storage boxes, performs manual and electronic searches for files. Thereafter, the unit delivers court files, documents, and film, some as a result of public information requests, to the appropriate Legal Records or Exhibits units.
- Receives, categorizes, and processes legal documents.
- Interacts directly, both on the phone and in person, with the general public, legal community, and court personnel.
- Performs research on a variety of issues related to legal documentation and case filings.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality in all work-related activities.
- Operates various types of office equipment.
MUST BE ABLE TO DRIVE A FORKLIFT
- Drives forklift to push, pull, lift, stack, tier, or move file boxes.
- May inventory file boxes.
- Unloads and stacks file boxes by raising and lowering lifting device.
- May load or unload file boxes onto or off of pallets, skids, or lifting device.
- May perform tasks such as typing, filing, data entry, reception and mail delivery.
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- English composition, grammar, punctuation and spelling.
- Office practices and procedures.
- Automated information systems.
- Skill in using a 10-key adding machine preferred.
- Customer service, i.e., the ability to effectively, politely, calmly and professionally interact with the public in problematic situations, as well as with other court personnel and other jurisdictions.
- Skill in the use of an automated system.
- Comprehend, research and provide timely response to work-related issues.
- Identify, organize and sort legal paperwork.
- Work quickly, accurately and switch focus between multiple tasks.
- Learn and operate a variety of office machines: fax, photocopier.
- Follow brief oral and written instructions quickly and accurately.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with the judiciary, the general public, attorneys, law enforcement, court personnel and agencies.
- Plan and coordinate activities to meet time constraints.
- Research and verify completeness and accuracy of specific information.
Some experience performing tasks such as filing, data entry, mail delivery, and use of various types of office equipment is required (Relevant education may substitute for the aforementioned experience); fork lift experience required.
LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES
Must have a valid Arizona Class D Driver’s License at time of appointment. Any such requirement will be communicated to applicants.
- Typically performs duties in a warehouse environment.
- Must have the ability to lift, push, pull and carry 50 pounds or more.
- Must have the ability to stoop, bend and wear personal protective equipment.
- Must be able to independently move and manipulate heavy objects.
- Must be able to work in an environment that varies in temperature and humidity.
- Must be able to work in a dusty warehouse environment.
Applicants may submit an application or resume to Clerk of the Superior Court--Human Resources. Each applicant will be evaluated based on relevant training, experience and skills. Those applicants selected for interview will be notified by Human Resources. You may download a job application from the Clerk of the Court's website at
Applications will be accepted at the Office of the Clerk of the Superior Court, Human Resources, 110 W. Congress, Tucson, AZ. This position will remain open until filled.
We offer a competitive benefits package to benefits eligible employees: medical, dental, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, paid vacation and sick leave.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $26,832.00 to $40,248.00 /year
- 50 lbs. or more: 1 year (Required)
- Forklift: 1 year (Preferred)
- 10 Key Calculator: 1 year (Preferred)
- Class D Driver's License (Required)