Here's What You'll Do:
As a Field Services Technician for Civil & Environmental Consultants, Inc. (CEC), you will be responsible for working on a variety of diverse environmental projects related to landfill gas collection and control systems. The majority of your time will be spent in the field and traveling to and from sites. Your duties will include:
- Under general supervision operate, monitor, and maintain landfill gas migration control/recovery systems;
- Collect data from wellfield extraction and environmental monitoring locations;
- Perform wellfield valve/vacuum adjustments, data collection and maintenance; interpret data;
- Assist with small construction projects including pipe and valve installation;
- Use Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) or High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) piping materials and associated equipment to perform maintenance on piping systems;
- Provide on-call response to GCCS related malfunction event(s).
$16-22/hr based on experience.
Here's What You'll Need:
Here's What We'd Like to See:
- 0-2 years experience in a related field;
- Mechanical skills and attention to detail;
- Ability to exert physical effort in handling objects up to 50 pounds on occasion;
- Ability to work outdoors approximately 90% of each workday; work involves exposure to dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes, or similar elements. Ability to walk over steep and rough terrain for considerable distances on a daily basis;
- Required to wear personal protective equipment (safety glasses, hardhat, safety boots, safety vest, personal multi-gas monitor, etc.) in accordance with company Health and Safety standards.
Here’s Why You Should Join Us:
- Valid driver’s license, clean driving record, and ability to drive a pickup truck;
- Ability to work independently in the field in varying weather conditions with strict adherence to operating procedures and safety policies;
- High school diploma/GED.
CEC is consistently ranked as an ENR Top 500 Design Firm. We are looking for people who enjoy using their education and experience to solve difficult technical problems and perform interesting projects. You can accomplish this while working with a team of professionals who are equally motivated to provide high levels of service to our clients.
CEC offers you a small firm work environment with large firm opportunities. Not only will we help you develop professionally, but will also provide an opportunity to become an owner of the firm and share in its success.
We offer a matching 401(k), profit sharing, a performance bonus, company stock, medical dental and vision insurance, short and long term disability, tuition assistance, professional development, and work life balance.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, simply respond to the ad. CEC is an EEO employer – M/F/Veterans/Disabled.