Education and Training Specialist
AREA Miramar, Florida
REPORTS TO Executive Vice President
Temporary 6 months CONSULTANT
$6,000.00 to $8,000.00 per month
NO. OF POSITIONS 1
1199SEIU is Florida’s largest progressive healthcare union. The Florida Region represents
healthcare workers at more than 100 nursing homes and hospitals across the state in some of
Florida’s largest for-profit healthcare chains and academic institutions, including HCA
(Hospital Corporation of America), Tenet/Steward, Airamed Health Services, Bedrock Care,
and the University of Miami Hospitals and Clinics - UHealth.
1199SEIUFlorida is seeking applicants for an Education and Training Specialist. The
Education and Training Specialist role will contribute to the Florida Region’s efforts to
cultivate a portfolio of educational programs and/or initiatives that aim to enhance the
member experience. These programs are based on the needs and interests of our diverse
membership, including but not limited:
workforce development (e.g. career skills), personal
development (technology and language skills) and community outreach (e.g. leadership and
organizing skills). The Education and Training Specialist will cultivate relationships with
academic institutions and/or community-based organizations, industry, and agency
providers to implement the program.
The ideal candidate will be experienced in maintaining and developing a training program
that provides tools and activities, using different teaching formats, to enhance understanding
and mastery of a wide range of topics. The ideal candidate will have a background in adult
learning strategies and how to employ them effectively with adults who have varying levels of
education and experience. Additionally, grant writing experience is preferred.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Connect the concepts and theories of training contents to the real work and mission of
- Responsible for the coordination of curriculum development and delivery.
- Implement specifically assigned training programs working closely with subject-
- Facilitate and/or maintain both classroom and web-based training.
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and distribute marketing materials.
- Provide oversight and record-keeping to monitor the effectiveness of programs.
- Write and present summary reports of progress to Directors, Officers, Staff and
Members as appropriate.
- Assist with grant research and application process.
- Perform other duties as required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being
performed by persons assigned to this title. They do not include all job duties performed by
employees in the title and every position does not necessarily require the same duties.
All interested persons meeting the minimum qualifications are encouraged to submit a
resume and cover letter to the [email protected]
1199/SEIU is an equal opportunity employer.