Job Description: Pulmonary Sales Consultant
At MagArray, our focus is on innovation and launch execution excellence; we translate breakthrough science into innovative diagnostics that help patients. Our success is backed by ethical integrity, forward momentum, and a rousing undertaking to achieve new milestones in healthcare.
The critical clinical challenge facing pulmonologists and their patients with lung nodules is whether a patient has benign disease or Lung Cancer. Current available clinical parameters used to make this difficult decision do not adequately predict which cancers are indolent or aggressive. This has resulted in unnecessary invasive diagnostic procedures, and an over-diagnosis and over-treatment of benign disease. MagArray, a Clinical Laboratory, validated REVEAL, a novel biomarker risk assessment tool, to fulfill this pressing unmet clinical need. REVEAL is a simple, non-invasive blood test that may aid clinicians in the decision to recommend serial surveillance or to perform an invasive diagnostic procedure by providing insight into a patient’s risk for lung cancer.
The Pulmonary Sales Consultant (PSC) is a dauntless, forward-thinking individual. They will be a key member of the customer facing organization and they will play a critical role in supporting MagArray’s mission. The PSC is responsible for driving demand of REVEAL, our rule-out risk assessment for lung cancer. The successful Pulmonary Sales Consultant will gain a deep understanding of their assigned targeted physicians and utilize that understanding to offer new insights to their customers that challenge the current lung nodule risk stratification paradigm. The top performing Pulmonary Sales Consultant will grow their weekly order volumes by understanding customer beliefs and communicating our product offering in ways that add value to their clinical and business practice. This requires an in-depth knowledge of our product and the desire and ability to respectfully challenge the customer’s current approach, drive two-way communication with key providers, learn and understand cost and reimbursement, and close customers to take action.
As well the successful PSC will foster a deep understanding of the customer, their current nodule management approach as well as their needs. They will support pull-through activities relative to the customer strategy and ensure that MagArray is viewed as demonstrating value and better health outcomes to healthcare professionals and their patients. The PSC demonstrates the highest level of product and disease knowledge and proficiently employs selling and account management competencies, including full utilization of our robust CRM. Results-driven and ambitious, this individual represents a functional balance between meeting company objectives and the needs of patients whilst demonstrating professionalism and leadership by modeling the required knowledge for successful execution of all Field Sales capabilities.
This position is based in Savannah (GA) and includes Jacksonville (FL) and Charleston (SC). The ideal location to reside is in the territory or within close proximity to the territory. Travel (%) varies based on candidate’s location within the geography. This position reports to the Commercial Leader.
- Education: BA/BS
- At least 2 years of experience working in one or more of the following areas: Specialty Diagnostics, Medical Science Liaison, Oncology or Pulmonology Pharmaceutical sales, Medical Device sales.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral), especially a proven high level of scientific/medical knowledge. Consultative with outstanding influence and persuasion skills.
- Self- directed and organized; excellent problem solving, planning and organizational skills and good judgment
- Possess strong interpersonal and leadership qualities with demonstrated success in establishing and maintaining relationships in a professional setting
- Valid Driver’s License and ability to drive a motor vehicle.
- Education: MBA/MS or advanced medical degree
- 5+ years life sciences sales experience
- 3+ years in a recent specialty diagnostics sales role
- 1+ year of account management and demonstration of business acumen
- New Product Launch experience
- Leadership, planning and organization, self-motivation and initiative, ability to learn, understand and convey complex information in a manner that changes provider behavior
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing plans for engaging customers and meeting customer needs; established success in developing and maintaining relationships
- Pulmonology sales experience in the current geography/accounts
- Demonstrated solution-oriented thinking and strong sales performance in past roles (i.e. sales awards, etc.)
- New account development essential
- Seamless communication between sales, marketing, and support teams to ensure an exceptional customer experience
- Prior experience working in a highly regulated industry or environment where compliance to laws and policies is critical
- Launch and drive demand for a new specialty diagnostic product.
- Communicates product information in a way that's meaningful and relevant to each individual customer and account across their assigned geography
- Demonstrates advanced ability to ask strategic, insightful questions to obtain information on customer healthcare needs. Uses the insights to execute at each stage of the sales process. He/she creates a compelling and logical rationale in positioning MagArray’s products by focusing on appropriate patient types and synthesizing a deep understanding of the customer’s current nodule management approach.
- Provides input into resource allocation decisions across customers; manages assigned territory within budget
- Leverage CRM in a consistent and thorough manner; it is our system of record for all activity
- Maintains current understanding of practice structure, business model, key influencers/ network structure and makes information available to relevant stakeholders
- Influences beyond their specific geography or product area
- Embraces and maximizes new technological capabilities and channels to engage customers
- Responsible for securing favorable access via the formulary process in targeted institutions
- Demonstrates the ability to stay ahead of market trends, assesses impact on current business and makes proactive recommendations to meet the future needs of the business.
- Demonstrates innovation, resilience and can adapt to ambiguous/evolving business environments.
- Demonstrates the ability to drive results by employing business acumen and analytics. Employs a business-owner mindset.
- Articulates the complexities of the payer environment recognizing the role each stakeholder plays in the ability to access the MagArray product portfolio
- Demonstrates the ability to apply understanding of account needs and interdependencies in order to develop and execute account plans.
- Collaborates and models teamwork internally with other CC’s (and across our company as appropriate) in the development of long-term account plans and customer centric solutions to improve value for both customers and patients
- Demonstrates the ability to forge and manage both individual customer and account business to business relationships with difficult to access customers and accounts
- Engages in all job responsibilities and activities with the highest standards of ethics and integrity, with particular emphasis on compliance with all relevant laws, policies and regulations.
In return for your expertise, passion and hustle, MagArray is proud to offer a comprehensive compensation package including stock options. Located in the Silicon Valley since 2005, we focus exclusively on developing life-saving intellectual property. Even though we have been in business for 15 years, we employ a start-up mentality with innovation and industry disruption guiding our decisions.
Your role at MagArray is integral to helping providers embrace innovation and new technology that impact patient outcomes. We’re counting on your skills and ingenuity to help make meaningful contributions to global health and wellness.
***After submitting your application, please use the following link to take an assessment. Resumes will be reviewed only after completion of the online assessment. Thank you!***
MagArray is An Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Type: Full-time
- sales: 2 years (Required)
- Driver's License (Required)
- Other forms
- Multiple locations
- Fully Remote
- On the road
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Achievement-oriented -- enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Monday to Friday
- Day shift