Foxtrot is the digitally native evolution of the corner store – a one-stop shop for those seeking thoughtful curation that’s a reflection of themselves and their city – offering a curated collection of daily essentials in-store and delivered in under an hour.
Venture-backed by investors including Fifth Wall, Lerer Hippeau, Revolution’s Rise of the Rest, and Collaborative, to name a few, Foxtrot is building a truly omni-channel brand that seamlessly marries e-commerce delivery, proprietary inventory technology, and the feel-good community of neighborhood stores.
Our spaces offer all the most-loved aspects of neighborhood cafes – beautifully designed interiors that wrap you in the welcoming aroma of freshly brewed coffee, comfortable lounge areas to work and relax, and chef-prepared meals to snack on throughout the day – while bringing together mindful people, brands and goods to create a community of discovery and joy.
Our e-commerce experience – highlighted by our swift app and online store – is powered by our proprietary inventory and operational technology to deliver a new kind of convenience that brings the store to your door in under an hour.
Since launching our native app in 2013, we now operate a robust e-commerce business alongside retail stores in Chicago and Dallas, and are rapidly scaling to take this first-of-its-kind omni-channel brand nationwide.
About the Role
The Accounting Manager will help create the direction of and supervision of general accounting, not just for today, but to ready our scaling and expanding business. You will also be responsible for a wide-range of activities, including day-to-day accounting responsibilities, team development, drive accounting initiatives, establishment of the company's accounting and finance infrastructure, financial planning and analysis and a variety of special projects. This opportunity has strong upside and will expand with the growth of the Company. You'll interact with all departments in the organization.
- Develop and manage the operations of the accounting department by establishing and enforcing proper GAAP recognition of company, market and unit-level financial performance, including revenue recognition, inventory accounting, capitalization of real estate expansion costs, and monthly accruals.
- Quarterback the close process to issue timely (monthly, quarterly, annual) and complete financial statements in accordance with US GAAP.
- Review and prepare monthly analysis to explain movements and reconcile accounts and to prepare materials for management, investor, and board presentations.
- Plan and oversee on-going internal processes to push for efficiencies, automation and accuracy of financial management and financial systems.
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and process documentation.
- Prepare audit schedules and respond to auditor inquiries.
- Support the development of the annual planning cycle and interim financial updates.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent, and CPA required.
- 5+ years of demonstrated professional development and advancement in accounting focused roles.
- 2+ years company experience, specifically in a multi-unit retail business.
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, internal controls, operational risk assessment, and management financial reporting.
- Experience working in a hands-on capacity with an eye for opportunities to improve upon the status quo.
- Experience providing excellent customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Proven ability to manage projects and collaborate with cross functional teams.
- Self-motivated and independent, detailed oriented, strong work ethic, and high integrity and ethical standards.