The Enterprise Area of Coverage (EAC) Compliance & Operational Risk Specialist is an individual contributor and member of the Anti-Bribery Anti-Corruption (ABAC) Compliance and Operational Risk team. This role is responsible for providing enterprise wide oversight of specific laws, rules, regulations, and regulatory guidance, such as those related to FCPA (Foreign Corrupt Practices Act) through the identification, escalation and timely mitigation of compliance & operational risks in alignment with the Global Compliance and Operational Risk Enterprise Policy (GCOR Policy). The role manages Procurement Lobbying registrations and reporting within the United States across multiple jurisdictions and in support of multiple lines of business, Non-Financial Regulatory Reporting, tracking and responding to Request for Proposals (RFPs) and pre-clearing political contributions and political/governmental outside business activity requests. This role includes supporting ABAC's Political Activities Policy, responding to audits and regulatory exams, and various internal and external reporting obligations. Cross-training on other ABAC operational functions to serve as back up support for ABAC teammates. The EAC C∨ Specialist is responsible for identifying, escalating and mitigating risks in a timely manner in alignment with the Compliance and Operational Risk Management (CORM) Program, the Global Compliance Enterprise Policy (GC Policy) and the Operational Risk Management – Enterprise Policy (ORM Policy).
The EAC C∨ Specialist is accountable for the requirements in the Global Compliance and Operational Risk Policies, participating and assisting in any of the following activities for their respective area of coverage:
- Create and maintain a global coverage plan.
- Establish, monitor and report on enterprise risk tolerance metric(s) that are translated and connected to relevant business metrics (Key Risk Indicators).
- Create and maintain a regulatory inventory.
- Update relevant policies to ensure they reflect regulatory requirements.
- Conduct annual and targeted risk assessments.
- Contribute to monitoring and testing coverage plans and related metrics.
- Monitor and test the effectiveness of the front line units and control functions’ processes and controls.
- Identify, aggregate, report and escalate compliance and operational risks, issues and control enhancements.
- Assist in the review and analysis of internal and external losses related to their area of coverage for enterprise-wide themes; escalate concerns or loss exposures as appropriate.
- Provide support to Scenario Analysis activities which provide a forward-looking estimate of hypothetical operational losses.
- Assist in executing governance and management routines.
- Assist in the identification of regulatory training needs and inspect Front Line Unit/Control Function (“FLU/CF”)
- Assist with preparations for regulatory exams and audits.
- Inspect that commitments made regarding actions in response to Matters Requiring Attention (“MRAs”) and other actions are completed.
- Escalate regulatory relations concerns to EAC C∨ Manager or Executive.
- 3+ years experience in Political Activities Compliance Program or similar experience
- ABAC, U.S. Political Law, and/or Compliance experience
- Compliance and regulatory knowledge and experience
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to communicate professionally and work with all levels of management and across organizations
- Ability to work independently, drive for results and handle competing priorities in a deadline driven environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Analytical and research skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Paralegal experience or JD preferred
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: