At NTT DATA Services, we know that with the right people on board, anything is possible. The quality, integrity, and commitment of our employees are key factors in our company’s growth, market presence and our ability to help our clients stay a step ahead of the competition. By hiring the best people and helping them grow both professionally and personally, we ensure a bright future for NTT DATA Services and for the people who work here.
NTT DATA Services currently seeks a Java Senior Developer with strong DB experience (NoSQL/Mongo) to join our team in Jersey City, New Jersey (US-NJ), United States (US).
Read and understand business requirements, functional requirements, develop detailed technical designs and producing high quality level code. Participate in the design of technical solutions to solve complex business problems. Ability to drill deep into subject matter with the expectation to evolve as subject matter expert on current systems.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Exceptional system / technical analysis skills
- Minimum of five years OO analysis and design experience
- Minimum five years development experience with Java
- Minimum three years experience with different Databases (Realtional, Flat files, non-relational like MongoDB)
- Experience in handling production support environment, to improve performance, stabilize the environment
- Be able to define analystical reports to understand improvement required at database, process level
- Current experience working with and consuming web services – preferably REST
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX/Linux Operating system: shell, file systems, symbolic links, process management, etc.
- Strong problem solving skills, ability to infer from previous examples, willingness to understand how an application is put together
- Excellent communication skills
- Full development lifecycle experience as a mid-level programmer. Must demonstrate experience developing systems / projects from inception through implementation
- Core Java - 5+ years
- Database – relational, flat file, non-relational like MongoDB
- Experience with supporting application environments
- Able to create different reports to help take management decision
- Strong knowledge of the UNIX/Linux Operating system: shell scripting
- Experience w/OOAD and an understanding of patterns
- Experience with continuous integration build tools
- 3+ years of Sybase, Oracle, MongoDB, BigData, file systems or similar database programming experience, including performance tuning
- Experience in web services like REST
5 years of J2EE and core Java
3 years of NoSQL database experience such as MongoDB
3 years of Sybase experience
1+ year of application support experience
This position is only available to those interested in direct staff employment opportunities with NTT DATA, Inc. or its subsidiaries. Please note, 1099 or corp-2-corp contractors or the equivalent will NOT be considered. We offer a full comprehensive benefits package that starts from your first day of employment.
About NTT DATA Services
NTT DATA Services partners with clients to navigate and simplify the modern complexities of business and technology, delivering the insights, solutions and outcomes that matter most. We deliver tangible business results by combining deep industry expertise with applied innovations in digital, cloud and automation across a comprehensive portfolio of consulting, applications, infrastructure and business process services.
NTT DATA Services, headquartered in Plano, Texas, is a division of NTT DATA Corporation, a top 10 global business and IT services provider with 100,000+ professionals in more than 50 countries, and NTT Group, a partner to 85 percent of the Fortune 100. Visit nttdataservices.com to learn more.
NTT DATA, Inc. (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions on the basis of merit and business needs. The Company will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religious creed, citizenship, national origin, ancestry, age, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, physical or mental disability, veteran or marital status, or any other class protected by law. To comply with applicable laws ensuring equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with a disability, the Company will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee unless undue hardship to the Company would result.