Catering Sales Manager
at Community Canteen & Mon Ami Gabi … Join our Leadership Team!
If you looking for an energetic work environment where every day is different, this may be your next career move! We’re looking for a CATERING SALES MANAGER who’s eager to help build sales for Community Canteen, a market-inspired café with catering services, and assist our Manager of Special Events with Mon Ami Gabi private events.
Candidates will need flexible availability to include Monday – Friday business hours plus the occasional weekend and PM as needed. If you are driven by results and have a great approach to guest relations, we want to meet you. Apply today! EOE. E-Verify. Requirements:
- 1-2 years of experience in a catering role
- Skilled in driving sales and maintaining client relationships
- Possess a valid Driver’s License
- Polished, professional demeanor and attire
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good written and verbal communications
- Competitive pay (salary plus commission structure)
- Restaurant discounts
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield medical/dental insurance
- Domestic partner benefits
- Vision plan
- Employee assistance program (EAP)
- Pre-tax transit benefit (where applicable)
- Training, development & advancement opportunities
- Paid time off including holiday, vacation, sick days, parental leave
- And more
Community Canteen features breakfast, lunch, brunch, snacks, hors d’oeuvres, and take-away. Guests can relax and eat inside in a cafe-like atmosphere, outdoors on the patio or take with them a wide array of pastries, soups, salads, sandwiches and full meals including seafood, meat, and poultry. Our bakery offers delicious treats, including muffins, croissants, scones, and more.
Lettuce Entertain You Restaurants is an Equal Opportunity Employer.We participate in E-Verify.
Responsible for helping drive and grow the business through acquiring, maintaining and servicing catering guests. Also expected and responsible for catering team to maintain LEYE standards of guest service as well as go above and beyond to ensure the guest’s total dining experience. ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
(Other duties will be assigned as needed) Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Solicit new catering customers through prospecting and cold calls.
- Accurately develop and write catering contracts.
- Work with General Manager and Chef to develop catering menus.
- Understand all catering menus including substitutions and new menu items.
- Assist with selection, training and development of staff to work catered events.
- Effectively staff all catering events.
- Interact with, direct and supervise staff working catered events in a fair and dignified manner.
- Ensure smooth and efficient service for all events. Recommend any necessary performance problems that need to be addressed or documented according to LEYE procedures.
- Communicate clearly and effectively all contract/event/host details to staff working events.
- Review daily orders with the catering coordinator in the morning and evening, if applicable.
- Communicate any contract changes immediately to the catering coordinator, if applicable.
- Comprehend the kitchen’s catering systems including menu distribution, assembly of orders and delivery.
- Answer questions regarding menus and availability of dates for potential customers.
- Understand the service style of the restaurant.
- Utilize salesmanship techniques by up selling food, liquor, service etc.
- Respond knowledgeably to questions about the restaurant and the menu.
- Complete server training.
- Become proficient in servicing catering calls (along with scheduled co-workers) within the restaurant specific training period.
- Maintain a thorough knowledge of menu items through frequent tasting.
- Comprehend and maintain incentive programs for both LEYE catering personnel and catering customers.
- Attend weekly catering meetings and communicate all pertinent information to appropriate personnel.
- Order and maintain party supplies, decorations and equipment.
- Maintain and foster current client base for LEYE with various sales techniques.
- Maintain client list as property of LEYE.
- Maintain a list of preferred vendors for flowers, music, audio visual equipment, etc.
- Effectively attempt to attain weekly sales goals.
- Comprehend monthly catering budgets.
- Oversee any catered event that requires a personal visit.
- Become proficient in all functions listed in the Banquet Server/Captain job description.
- Comprehend the capacities of each banquet room.
- Accurately record events in both the function book and monthly calendar.
- Perform varied duties to ensure all aspects of service according to standing operating procedure.
- Use tact and good judgment when dealing with difficult guests. Respond to their needs with patience and courtesy.
- Move safely through all areas of the restaurant, which may include stairs, uneven and slick surfaces.
- Must wash hands regularly, according to guidelines.
- Comply with all safety and sanitation guidelines and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area.
- Be able to stand and walk for an entire shift.
- Communicate cordially, effectively and clearly with all employees, managers and guests.
- Communicate in English in order to comprehend and perform/follow job requirements in written and spoken direction.
- Perform more than one task at a time.
- Maintain a positive, pleasant attitude every shift.
- Accept direction and constructive criticism from management.
- Perform calmly and effectively in an extremely busy and stressful work environment.
- Be able to work a variety of hours, days and shifts, including weekends and increased work schedules.
- Work in a confined, crowded space of variable noise and temperature levels.
- Lift and move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
Must be willing and able to do the following:
- Get along with others and be a team player.
- Follow all uniform and appearance guidelines as befitting the image of the restaurant for the duration of the shift.
- Refrain from smoking for the duration of the shift.
- Arrive to work on time and in ready to work condition.
- Follow all rules, policies, procedures and conditions of employment outlined in the Employee Handbook.
- May not work under the influence of alcohol or any illegal drugs.
- May not resort to any type of violence, discriminatory or harassing behavior.
- Must successfully pass a drug and alcohol test within 90 days of hire date, where applicable.
Failure to abide by these and any other conditions of employment of the company set forth elsewhere can subject an employee to disciplinary action up to and including termination. Accessibility varies by location