Puget Sound Energy’s Energy Scheduling group is looking for an Energy Scheduler to join our team! This role efficiently arranges the delivery of wholesale power and gas through the Western bulk transmission / transportation system to PSE’s 1 million+ electric customers and 800,000 gas customers. Energy schedulers work closely with regional utilities, local distribution companies, financial institutions and energy marketers to ensure natural gas and power transactions are scheduled accurately. The scheduling team also supports PSE’s short-term power and gas traders to facilitate trading activity that optimizes PSE’s portfolio of assets and helps keep PSE’s energy costs low. At the discretion of the hiring team, this role may be filled at a lower level. Families and businesses depend on PSE to provide the energy they need to pursue their dreams. Our steadfast commitment to serving Washington communities with safe, dependable and efficient energy started in 1873. Today we’re building the Northwest’s energy future through efforts like our award winning energy efficiency programs and our leadership in renewable energy. At PSE we value and respect our employees and provide them opportunities to excel. We offer an expansive pay package that includes competitive compensation, annual goals-based incentive bonuses, comprehensive cafeteria-style benefits, 401(K), a company paid retirement pension plan, and an employee assistance and wellness program.
• Responsible for assuring reliable natural gas and power deliveries to PSE’s customers. • Maintains and fosters working relationships with external schedulers & trading companies. • Supports back- and mid-office groups, assuring accurate billing and accounting from energy trade and risk management system. • Analyzes data, and develops new processes and reports for the department, and works to optimize the company’s energy portfolio. • Updates Management on market trends and developments for transmission. • Updates traders by providing relevant industry market data and analysis from various sources in order to support their asset optimization efforts and trading decisions. This can include but is not limited to; transportation tariffs, pipeline and storage operational data, infrastructure expansions, government agency data, etc. • Release and acquisition of capacity on pipelines, storage facilities and transmission systems. • Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree with a technical or commercial focus from an accredited 4-year college or university, or equivalent experience in a fast paced, numbers oriented, multi-tasking environment.
- A basic knowledge in financial or accounting principles.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Ability to rotate weekend coverage with other schedulers.
- Two years of natural gas energy scheduling experience
- Proven record of accomplishment in trading or scheduling.
- Self-starter with the ability to work effectively with minimum supervision in a fast paced, multi-tasking, team environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving, analytical and conflict resolution skills.