Edgewater Federal Solutions is a privately held government contracting firm located in Frederick, MD. The company was founded in 2002 with the vision of being highly recognized and admired for supporting customer missions through employee empowerment, exceptional services and timely delivery. Edgewater Federal Solutions is ISO 9001, 20000-1, 270001 certified, appraised at CMMI Level 3 Maturity for Development and Services, and has been named in the Top Workplaces in the Greater Washington Area Small Companies for 2018 and 2019.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is currently seeking an experienced Human Resources Generalist to provide Human Resources support to a large, Federal IT project in Albuquerque, New Mexico.
This position will be located at the Edgewater Federal Solutions Corporate Office in Frederick, MD and travel will be required to Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California as necessary.
Edgewater Federal Solutions is a rapidly growing company with locations nationwide and we are looking for a desired candidate who possesses the capabilities and experience to support all aspects of Human Resources to include such areas as Benefits, Employee Relations, and Training. This position requires a person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the organization, have a high level of discretion, and must be able to work in a team environment, as well as, work with employees on an individual basis as needed.
- Provide Human Resources support to our employees located on our Federal IT Project located in Albuquerque, NM and Livermore, CA regarding general HR Related questions or concerns.
- Provide Human Resources support to our Managers located on our Federal IT Project located in Albuquerque, NM and Livermore, CA with Employee Relations Issues, Performance Issues, and/or Disciplinary Action Issues.
- Conduct New Employee Orientation sessions.
- Conduct Exit Interviews with Terminating employees.
- Assist employees with the Annual Benefits Open Enrollment Process.
- Assist with the Performance Review Process, and ensure reviews are completed on time.
- Serve as backup for the Human Resources Director and Human Resources Generalist at the Edgewater Federal Solutions Corporate Office.
- This position will require travel to Albuquerque, New Mexico and Livermore, California as necessary.
- U.S. Citizenship
- Bachelor's degree in a Human Resources.
- At least 5 years of experience working in Human Resources.
- Must be organized and detail oriented.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrates careful attention to detail and information.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Office Products.
- Good working knowledge of employment laws and best practices.
- Be able to travel within the United States (Albuquerque, NM and Livermore, California)
Preferred to Have:
- Experience with Government Contracting or preferably Government Contracting experience.
- Knowledge and experience working with the Service Contract Act.
- SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) certification is a plus, but not required.
It has been and continues to be the policy of Edgewater Federal Solutions to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, and/or other status protected by applicable law.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 - $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- Human Resources in government contracting: 3 years (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19